Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I’m New need Help & this is my first purchase.

Aziz_Sharif

Reaction score
I’m a intermediate Rc Heli flyer & flying helis from couple of years now & I love this FPV freestyle stuff. I have love for drones since the first DJI Phantom I have purchased then got inspire 1 but this fpv flying is similar to Rc helis the Acro Mode. As I don’t want to get in to whoops or tiny drones just want to build my 5” quad So I need your guidance and help. What do you think am I purchasing right stuff here is my Shopping cart. I’m open for all kind for suggestions [emoji4]
Thanks
IMG_0314.jpgIMG_0315.jpgIMG_0316.jpgIMG_0317.jpgIMG_0318.jpgIMG_0319.jpgIMG_0320.jpgIMG_0321.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 4
Wow, you are really dropping some coin on this! I don't see too much wrong with this except everyone I know has had real issues with the XRotor Micro stacks and have abandoned them for other more reliable ones. I also see multiple batteries, multiple Crossfire antennas, and only 1 prop manufacturer, but overall it should be fine.

Reactions: Wayno52
Wow, you are really dropping some coin on this! I don't see too much wrong with this except everyone I know has had real issues with the XRotor Micro stacks and have abandoned them for other more reliable ones. I also see multiple batteries, multiple Crossfire antennas, and only 1 prop manufacturer, but overall it should be fine.

Hello & Thanks HighTechPauper for your input what are the other options for me other than XRotor Micro Stack if I’ll drop this from my list of purchase. What else do you think I can use for my build or any other suggestions?

Hi @Aziz_Sharif!
There is so much to consider, and so many choices, it can be overwhelming no matter how much experience you have. No matter what you get, it will break sooner or later, but we try for later if possible by getting good pieces and taking some care to not destroy things too quickly. That being said...

As far as the FC/ESC stack, many any are having good luck with the Mamba F405 stack or the HGLRC F438 or F440 stack.

Some of the pieces you are looking at are a duplicate of others, and are way overkill for most intents and purposes, but are nice if you simply must have the best, yet that too is subject to a lot of hype and widely varying opinion.

There are however a number of things that don't make a lot of sense once I looked harder at your order.
You have both LHCP and RHCP in your order and they will not work well together, do you know about LHCP, RHCP, and Circular/Dipole antennas? Also I notice the full size Crossfire TX and the MiniRX, I wondered why you didn't do with a MicroTX and the MicroRX, save money and still be able to go further than your battery will carry you.

So many options and questions out there for you, if you want to pick my brain, PM me and we can chat.

Randy

Great to see you back up and about my brother.
Randy is right on all he said. Go for the mamba F405.
You have geared up for long range too, pricey way to kick off but hey sweet if you can.
Just remember you will crash a lot at first, best not to be too far away but good looking list.
Keep us posted.
Wayne

@wayno thanks for your input. Well what else piece of Advice you have for me do let me know as I'm learning Learning & Learning...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hello & Thanks HighTechPauper for your input what are the other options for me other than XRotor Micro Stack if I’ll drop this from my list of purchase. What else do you think I can use for my build or any other suggestions?
I would go for a TBS Powercube Elite Bundle and 4 x TBS Bulletproof 25A ESCs. I have the set up on my QQ190 and used it on my Chameleon.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Why the triblades for long-range? What I'm sensing is you are wanting both an acro flyer that can go LR. I'd stick to one or the other.

Just getting back into things and DragonLink was our go to for LR - no questions asked. Is TBS crossfire the thing now? Also 5.8 for LR? Is 1.3 not a thing anymore? I never heard of anyone going LR on 5.8.

What do you guys recommend for 5’’ Quad Build ?

1: FC, PDB & ESCfor 4 cell Lipo for freestyle acro flying but a good one ?
2: ESC Single VS Stack which one is more preferable?
3: Which freestyle Frame is good these days ?
4: motors & Props
Kindly need help in this regard suggest me anything which is new and with mature technology with good user feedback.
Thanks

Im biased but here it goes. based on the prices of goodies you listed above money isn't the issue so:

1)Helio Spring AIO Flight Controller running butterflight (there is a noticeable difference when you have two FC processors .. both F3 & F4 on one FC. butterflight takes advantage of this)
2)DALRC Engine 40A 4-in-1 ESC 3-5s BLHeli32 Dshot300-1200
3)Sköll V2 - w/ Alt Rollcage "Hero 5/6/7" (Including Hero Mount) (5” Arms)
4)T-Motor F40 Pro II 2400KV throwing Gemfan Flash 5152-3 props

additionally:
RunCam Swift 2 (FOV 150° 2.3mm) (Orange)

TBS Unify Pro 5G8 V3 (SMA)

FrSky R-XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Micro Receiver w/ S-Bus & CPPM
(If you go with FrSky TX)

Heres the link... you can get all this (usually) from:

The Flynoceros family is an awesome support group for any questions. Josh Ingram and the flyno team are always ready to help and even reply to IM messages quickly.
Its worth the extra expense and the frames have free life time replacement if you break a frame part.

Last edited:
Reactions: the.ronin
FrSky R-XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Micro Receiver w/ S-Bus & CPPM
(If you go with FrSky TX)
Don't mean to hijack this but I'm curious about your thoughts with the XM+? I ask because my R-XSR has been a bit of a bear to deal with from binding issues to smart port issues. Also I think the WhitenoiseFPV mounting board was made specifically for the XM+ and TBS (although you can fix other rx's).

All my personal builds run the XM+
Ive not had issues really with the R-XSR.
I just love the size of the XM+ ... additionally, my other quads are Flyno cerberus 5", 3" and 2". Space is tight on the 5" and just gets tighter as the size goes down.
the only reason i have the R-XSR is that the Sköll is BNF custom built by Josh and I gave him free reigns. He said "I'll build you the perfect acro quad". He delivered exactly that I think..
It wasn't cheap but we've crashed so much (4 batteries a day on average like the dr ordered) and replaced only blades. its a tank.
... the hinged hood was great for adjusting the vtx today.
20190408_203842.jpg

Reactions: the.ronin
may I also suggest you get Racewire for the arms to prevent blade strikes from cutting your motor wires. It is the only improvement Ive made to the Sköll V2
see this thread..

additionally... I didn't have to touch the stack solders when installing these. It may be the best benefit that changing a bad motor is easy pesye.

Last edited:
All my personal builds run the XM+
Ive not had issues really with the R-XSR.
I just love the size of the XM+ ...

Got it and good to hear! I used to rock a Futaba and compatible Frsky receivers and never had I had one single issue. But now that I'm Taranis its a little different open source and the R-XSR just didn't want to play. Hopefully the XM+ will become my go to rx.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax