Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I’m looking to buy an Arris X220 V2

Fastracer

Reaction score
I’m new to the forum and I currently have a dx6 spektrum radio controller, and a Fat shark focal v2 spekteum headset and I have some fpv freestyle experience with an under powered quad and I don’t know how to program and my budget is hopefully some where lower than $400 I would love advice from anyone willing to help Someone get more serious about fpv freestyle.

@Fastracer, don't get that, you want something decent and up to date, not borderline, less than stellar, and over priced for what it is.
Save just a few more dollars and get something like this and solder on a Spektrum Receiver of choice. They are out of the 4s version, but they have the 6s version still in stock.
If you don't have batteries yet, I would shy away from 6s so you run less risk of ever blowing an ESC, 5s will go plenty fast and be gentler on the ESC's and BEC's.
The Arris is what you buy when you don't know any better, the Diatone is a lot better quad for the money

Reactions: Wayno52
Thanks for your feedback, the arris x220 v2 costs about the Same with the controller But I will definitely look into this quad and I would like it if you could let me know what the max speed is

Thanks m3talrocksFPV, how capable do you think the arris is for when I become a more experienced pilot?

Well you'll certainly outgrow it, the design makes it difficult to take apart and upgrade (minimal space and a thousand screws) but it's a tank. The longer arms mean more stability too. The stock motors and vtx are decent. The camera will want to swap

Hi Fastracer, not too sure why you would buy an arris rtf (with transmitter) when you already have a spectrum dx6?
You could do much better as HTP said adding your own receiver to a top end fpv quad.
The one Randy linked would knock your socks off.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I don’t know how to program to a quad but there might be a YouTube video for how to do it, what receiver should I get
We all use Frsky Taranis, so we are not 100% sure about the Spektrum DX6, but it is a fairly popular radio (for a Spektrum anyway) so you should be able to find some videos on binding and setting it up. Which Receiver to get though I am not sure, but I know the DX6 is ONLY a 6 channel TX, and you would like to have AT LEAST 8+ channels. I would suggest that you try to sell your DX6 and get a Frsky QX7 or QX7S, they are 16 channels and you would never need another one. If you can swing it, the QX7S is the one to get, it comes with Hall Sensor Gimbals (much better than the ones in the QX7) and it has a rechargeable battery and a charger that comes with it. Those parts alone are worth the difference in price so you don't have to buy other stuff for the Transmitter/Controller (also called a TX). If you get that radio there is a ton of videos to help you, AND we can be of more help since we have Frsky too. Added bonus is we will know what RX (Receiver) to get.

IMHO

Ok thanks, I’ll try but I might not be able to get a different transmitter and out of curiosity what quads are you guys flying?

We all have at least a few quads, me personally, I have a couple dozen of all different kinds...

1 x 6 inch Armattan Chameleon Ti
1 x 5 inch Armattan Rooster
1 x 5 inch Skitzo Dark Matter
2 x 5 inch TBS Oblivions
3 x 5 inch Eachine Wizard X220
1 x 3 inch Diatone GT-M3
1 x 3 inch Diatone GTR-349
1 x 2.5 inch iFlight frame (built from Drone Drop parts)
1 x 2 inch Emax BabyHawk-R
12 x Tiny Whoops of various types (Emax TinyHawk, Mobula7HD and Mobula7, Eachine Trashcan, Rakon Heli Brushless Whoops, Tiny Whoop brand Whoops, etc.)

Plus I have all the parts to build another 6 or more quads from Whoops all the way up to a 7 inch quads.

Yes... I have a problem, but it is a good problem to have ;)

Randy

Agreed, out of all these quads you’re sure that the Diatone GTR M568 Anniversary 6S is the quad for me. I want to make sure that I get the right one. Thank you for all of your help

Great, should I try to find and set up a receiver with my dx6 or should I look for a rtf?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya