Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to switch mW on a IFlight Succex mini VTX

Mattys74

Reaction score
hi

I have an Iflight Succex Vtx which has 25mW/100mW/200mW/400mW/500mW. I am not sure how to switch the power to 500mW

Attachments

• 20190901_113007.jpg
    20190901_113007.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
I tried to find the manual for it so I could help you figure out the button menu sequence, but I can seem to find it. Did you get any kind of instructions with it?

I tried to find the manual for it so I could help you figure out the button menu sequence, but I can seem to find it. Did you get any kind of instructions with it?
I did ,but there is nothing to say how to change it.

I did but nothing to say how to change it.
I did it the old fashion way plugged it into BF and went to CLI and typed "set VTX_power=4" for 400mW. but I wanted to know how to do it through my taranis qx7

I did but nothing to say how to change it.
I did it the old fashion way plugged it into BF and went to CLI and typed "set VTX_power=4" for 400mW. but I wanted to know how to do it through my taranis qx7
Does the vtx have smart audio support? You should be able to change this through your menu on your fpv screen. I might be wrong but this is how I thought it works. I have the tyro129 which has a smart audio cable missing so I cannot adjust the power of my vtx through the fpv menu leaving me to also use the CLI in Betaflight to adjust power. There is a setting in CLI that you can set so that your VTX will not run at the specified power until you arm it.
vtx_low_power_disarm = OFF
Allowed values: OFF, ON, UNTIL_FIRST_ARM

Does the vtx have smart audio support? You should be able to change this through your menu on your fpv screen. I might be wrong but this is how I thought it works. I have the tyro129 which has a smart audio cable missing so I cannot adjust the power of my vtx through the fpv menu leaving me to also use the CLI in Betaflight to adjust power. There is a setting in CLI that you can set so that your VTX will not run at the specified power until you arm it.
vtx_low_power_disarm = OFF
Allowed values: OFF, ON, UNTIL_FIRST_ARM
it supports vtx trail which I heard is like smart audio. and for the fpv screen do you mean the odd screen? if so yeah I don't know how to find it on the osd screen. I'm just starting out with fpv drones.

If you could change the power through CLI then that means that the vTX control wire is there. If you go into BF and look at the Ports tab you should see that one of the ports is setup for VTX TBS Smart Audio or VTX IRC Tramp, whichever the vTX supports. If so, and the FC has OSD, then you can change it in the BF OSD Setup Menu. To get into it you (while disarmed) go to mid throttle, yaw full left, and pitch forward or back (can't remember which) to get into the menu. If you want to do it on the Taranis without using OSD you need to have Telemetry working and use a LUA script on the radio.

1567399092810.png

thank you that's what I was wanting to know.

Did you ever sort this and get the VTX red light to blink 5 times for 500mw? I'm having similar issues with mine and regardless on power I can only get it to flash 4 times

Did you ever sort this and get the VTX red light to blink 5 times for 500mw? I'm having similar issues with mine and regardless on power I can only get it to flash 4 times
I got 5 times but test shows no changes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput