Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to connect Spektrum reciever to Arris x220 Pro Edition?

Thing is they have a molex connector already hooked up to all these things so it plugs right into another molex soldered on the board and the board even says "camera". Why would they pre wire it all if it isn't enough? I don't mind cutting it off and soldering directly to the board, but I am not sure where else I can put it?

Here is the board diagram: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/ESC and FC/S-TowerBLHeli-Smanual.pdf

Frustrating as literally everything is working even the beeper is working as intended.

Yea...based on getfpv.com (RunCam Swift 2 (2.5mm lens) - Orange) it needs 14.8 to 16.8V on 4S...this pad is only 12V. What the heck...why would they do that. I don't think there is any other spot I can put this? You said I can power it from my 4S battery - how?
Can you post some close ups of the wiring?

Thing is they have a molex connector already hooked up to all these things so it plugs right into another molex soldered on the board and the board even says "camera". Why would they pre wire it all if it isn't enough? I don't mind cutting it off and soldering directly to the board, but I am not sure where else I can put it?

Here is the board diagram: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/ESC and FC/S-TowerBLHeli-Smanual.pdf

Frustrating as literally everything is working even the beeper is working as intended.

Yea...based on getfpv.com (RunCam Swift 2 (2.5mm lens) - Orange) it needs 14.8 to 16.8V on 4S...this pad is only 12V. What the heck...why would they do that. I don't think there is any other spot I can put this? You said I can power it from my 4S battery - how?
If you want to power the Swift from Vbat, solder the red wire direct to + lipo pad. Although the Swift 2 is 5-35V. Sounds like you got some wires mixed up

Here you go. If you need something better or more photos let me know. This is my last issue and it for sure is the camera. So your saying I could simply solder the red wire to where the big red battery wire is? And the rest of the molex connector would plug back into the port it was in?

Cross reference with here: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/ESC and FC/S-TowerBLHeli-Smanual.pdf

IMG_1992[1].JPG IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1986.JPG

Last edited:
Here you go. If you need something better or more photos let me know. This is my last issue and it for sure is the camera. So your saying I could simply solder the red wire to where the big red battery wire is? And the rest of the molex connector would plug back into the port it was in?

Cross reference with here: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/ESC and FC/S-TowerBLHeli-Smanual.pdf

View attachment 1719 View attachment 1717 View attachment 1718
You appear to have it spot on. But if your Rx is losing power, when you connect camera, I would power the camera from + lipo pad. You can also run a wire from Vbat on the camera to the same spot

Alright...so solder the red wire directly to lipo V+ pad and then black and white wire stay in the molex connector and connect to the board?
If it still happens, it could be a grounding problem

Woo hoo!!! That worked!!! The only thing is I have no idea how to tell if the camera is actually on or not since I don't have a set of goggles yet. But at least the reciever is working now!

Except when you plug in the video transmitter it causes the same thing...guess that will need to be soldered to the battery as well.

Honestly...I might just pick up a FrSky transmitter in the end. Spektrum is clearly not a great system for FPV. Or buy a better board. Think this board is kind of piece of junk.

Except when you plug in the video transmitter it causes the same thing...guess that will need to be soldered to the battery as well.

Honestly...I might just pick up a FrSky transmitter in the end. Spektrum is clearly not a great system for FPV
Nooooo not unless it’s a HV Vtx

Honestly...I might just pick up a FrSky transmitter in the end. Spektrum is clearly not a great system for FPV. Or buy a better board. Think this board is kind of piece of junk.
Nothing wrong with that Rx or Tx

This is a good board, if you do swap CL Racing F4S Flight Controller but you’d need ESCs.

Last edited:
It FLIES! Wow this thing is a blast. Did a couple flips, really flies nice. No idea if the FPV part will work...will see when I get goggles.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek