Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to connect Spektrum reciever to Arris x220 Pro Edition?

Frsky and Flysky seem to be predominant. I use Flysky and Spektrum

I mean I have a DX9 Black Edition which is a very nice transmitter. I hate to go out an spend another couple hundred on another transmitter. I've realized the fpv drone world is pretty overwhelming in terms of compatibility, etc.

I can order another FC/PDB, but then how do I know it will work with all the existing components on my ARRIS...I've got a lot to learn I guess.

The good news is Mr. Joshua Bardwell himself (I emailed him) said that all UARTs support inversion. You can do Spektrum over the same wire as SBUS.

Just gotta figure out exactly how. Will experiment with it when I get home.

The good news is Mr. Joshua Bardwell himself (I emailed him) said that all UARTs support inversion. You can do Spektrum over the same wire as SBUS.

Just gotta figure out exactly how. Will experiment with it when I get home.
I explained that in the posts above

I explained that in the posts above

Yea understood...I guess I just don't completely understand the proper way to hook it up. Some sort of wiring diagram would be useful. This stuff is confusing for someone that has never done it before. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any online videos that explain it either.

So right now there is a "SBUS" harness coming off that port (seen in the photo in my first post). Do I simply just plug in my receiver into that plug? Plug the battery in, bind it, and then setup in BetaFlight?

You can listen to what Virtue says, he knows what he is talking about. No need to go check the advertised specs on a retailer to check his info (LOL! :D), or to bother JB with stuff line that.

There is nothing special or weird about spectrum data that requires a special port. The signal wire for all serial receivers is just a copper wire that goes to a serial i/o pad on the fc. If the software (betaflight here) supports the protocol, it will work. There is also the issue of signal inversion but all flight controllers available now support this on at least one port.

The only thing that is unique about spektrum is that most receivers (not yours) need 3.3V to power them. So they will fry if powered by the more common 5V.

Last edited:
You can listen to what Virtue says, he knows what he is talking about. No need to go check the advertised specs on a retailer to check his info (LOL! :D), or to bother JB with stuff line that.

There is nothing special or weird about spectrum data that requires a special port. The signal wire for all serial receivers is just a copper wire that goes to a serial i/o pad on the fc. If the software (betaflight here) supports the protocol, it will work. There is also the issue of signal inversion but all flight controllers available now support this on at least one port.

The only thing that is unique about spektrum is that most receivers (not yours) need 3.3V to power them. So they will fry if powered by the more common 5V.

Good news. The new Spektrum 4649T receiver is NOT like the old Spektrum Satellite that required 3.3V. In fact you need at least 4V to power it. Range is 4-8.4V.

So some good news...I binded the receiver using a fixed wing airplane of mine and it bound just fine. Hooked it up to the drone using that SBUS lead and it powered on and held the bind (solid orange). I take this is a good sign. I haven't had time to go into Betaflight just yet so nothing was working in terms of throttle, etc. Have no idea if I am on the right track or not, but I assumed that having the receiver bind and then power up using the SBUS lead was a good sign.

I will dive into Betaflight tomorrow and see if I can get this thing working!

Unfortunately I have had no luck. I can get literally everything working (reciever working, arm switch, failsafe, flight modes, etc). But I can't get both the camera (Runcam Swift 2) and the receiver to work at the same time. As soon as I plug in the camera, the receiver powers down. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Unfortunately I have had no luck. I can get literally everything working (reciever working, arm switch, failsafe, flight modes, etc). But I can't get both the camera (Runcam Swift 2) and the receiver to work at the same time. As soon as I plug in the camera, the receiver powers down. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Swift 2 takes 36V, Power it from somewhere else, battery perhaps and double check your wiring

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Swift 2 takes 36V, Power it from somewhere else, battery perhaps and double check your wiring

Thing is they have a molex connector already hooked up to all these things so it plugs right into another molex soldered on the board and the board even says "camera". Why would they pre wire it all if it isn't enough? I don't mind cutting it off and soldering directly to the board, but I am not sure where else I can put it?

Here is the board diagram: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/ESC and FC/S-TowerBLHeli-Smanual.pdf

Frustrating as literally everything is working even the beeper is working as intended.

Yea...based on getfpv.com (RunCam Swift 2 (2.5mm lens) - Orange) it needs 14.8 to 16.8V on 4S...this pad is only 12V. What the heck...why would they do that. I don't think there is any other spot I can put this? You said I can power it from my 4S battery - how?

Last edited:
Swift 2 takes 36V, Power it from somewhere else, battery perhaps
Thing is they have a molex connector already hooked up to all these things so it plugs right into another molex soldered on the board and the board even says "camera". Why would they pre wire it all if it isn't enough? I don't mind cutting it off and soldering directly to the board, but I am not sure where else I can put it?

Here is the board diagram: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/ESC and FC/S-TowerBLHeli-Smanual.pdf

Frustrating as literally everything is working even the beeper is working as intended.

Yea...based on getfpv.com (RunCam Swift 2 (2.5mm lens) - Orange) it needs 14.8 to 16.8V on 4S...this pad is only 12V. What the heck...why would they do that. I don't think there is any other spot I can put this? You said I can power it from my 4S battery - how?
are the wires going into the back of the Swift all ok? Double check

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas