Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to connect Fatshark Dom V3 to a Macbook Pro and use simulator?

doberman

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just got my Fatshark Dom V3s. I want to connect to my Mac so I can practice flying before I actually fly the real deal.

What cables do I need? The cable and the adaptor came with the FS did not work? What am I missing?

Also, once I get it up and running, what app is the best to learn and practice FPV drones?

Thank you

After plugging in HDMI, did you press the brightness/contrast button until it was in HDMI mode? You may also need to tell your video card to turn on HDMI out.

Fpv freerider is up there with the best simulators...youtube has some good videos of other offerings as well. Just punch in best fpv simulators or some such thing. Cheers

Just went through this process -here's how I got it to work on a 2012 13" Macbook Pro running High Sierra, version 10.13.4

1. On the Macbook:
a. Go to "Preferences"
b. Select "Displays"
c. Select "Scaled"
d. Select "Larger Text" (looks like 1024 x 640)
2. Set the power switch on the goggles to off ("0" instead of "1")
3. Insure the battery is disconnected
4. Connect Macbook to goggles with HDMI to mini HDMI cable.
5. Plug in the battery. The Macbook should automatically detect the goggle display. If necessary, you can get the option to "Detect Displays" by clicking "Scaled" and then holding the option key. Insure the picture on your Macbook is set to mirror displays.
6. Select HDMI 2D on the goggles.
Then you can just adjust brightness, channels, etc for the best picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
Just went through this process -here's how I got it to work on a 2012 13" Macbook Pro running High Sierra, version 10.13.4

MattP1540 - I also have a 2012 13" Macbook Pro running High Sierra, version 10.13.4 so it's good to see this is possible! Thing is, what cable did you use to connect the googles to the Mac? The HDMI cable and adaptors which came with my DOM V3's don't have a plug which fits my Mac!

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax