Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How much stick time?

How often do you fly fpv?

• every day

• couple times a week

• weekends mostly

• limited flying

• sim time counts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is my firsts pole but its a fair one i think. we share vidios and experiences but how much time are we actually flying. if your not flying... build, fly, crash (repeat) your not really learning IMO or making your drone fleet better for next time.
that said, its a "stick time" pole so let's include simulator time. please select two only if adding simulator time. (two poles in one kinda)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayno52
i hope everyone is getting in some batteries this weekend. "fpv for life"
( :
the Lake shore walk way is full of people. keeping only above my yard i got several groups watching... and fricken appluse lol.
I heard someone say "whiplash" after a punch out... lmao
priceless.!

go fly, just do it

i hope everyone is getting in some batteries this weekend. "fpv for life"
( :
the Lake shore walk way is full of people. keeping only above my yard i got several groups watching... and fricken appluse lol.
I heard someone say "whiplash" after a punch out... lmao
priceless.!

go fly, just do it

batteries a chargin!

Happy Easter everyone! although it being april fools is catching a lot of people apparently. been seeing a lot of crashes in other forums. i'm almost scared to go out today haha. Futuramille, see now that's the kind of attention that would be appreciated! lol had a group of little kids yesterday before crashing, but they mostly were excited about the crash than the flying haha

Reactions: Futuramille
I got about 15 or so minutes of flight time out of my two batteries and it was fun, tho I will say I am fustrated with the toys, could not do what I know I could do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Futuramille
lol well i'm happy that your confidence level is going up. out growing a drone is a good sign :D, you'd probably out-fly me the second you got onto a hobby level drone. you'll get to it soon, especially with how handy you are with everything. heck, have you ever thought of selling some of the things you make? that transmitter tray i'd buy same with the bunker.

Only problem with making more trays is that I had only one trolly tote to work with and have no idea where to get more for the parts. Could contact Topeak and ask if they have bad parts to recycle. Same with the bunker, it was a curbside freebie.

you cannot complain or question what happens in this hobbie unless your spending time and money. iim hoping the seroius fliers agree. anyone adding to it is a hero

Reactions: Torc
stick time is stick time.. sim or not. You're going to get 90% or so of the experience with a good sim that you're gonna get really flying. So this translates over very well. I fly every day, whether that be on the sim or at the local field with my quad. If i'm out flying for real I only have 4 packs so its rather short lived and more docile usually. When Im not able to get out i hit the sim for an hour and really work on precision and control. I'm forcing myself to only fly gates and courses on the sim to help hone in my precision flying. I do more freestyle flying in the fields

nothing "hones your skills" better than a good adrenaline rush. i don't get that from a sim. muscle memory is what a sim gives you... kinda.
Agreed, I found that while a sim got me confident in the air, only RL flying actually got me confident with acro and gapping gates. I also progressed faster once I was actually in the air. As i heard once said, "i'm a lawn chair adrenaline junkie" lol

Coming from a few other hobbies that required many hours of muscle memory training, practice in a controlled environment is paramount to the success in the real. Adrenaline is good but does nothing but make for rash reactions and mistakes without the trained muscle memory to make your hands do what is needed without thought.

“Learn the form, but seek the formless. Hear the soundless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn The Way, then find your own way.” - Bruce Lee

Prior to my hours on the sims, I was lucky to get a pair 90-degree turn out of my LOS drone that didn't result in a crash. Yesterday I was able to pull off an entire lap due to the muscle memory instilled by the sim.

nothing "hones your skills" better than a good adrenaline rush. i don't get that from a sim. muscle memory is what a sim gives you... kinda.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax