Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How long?

I like this video from Stu at UAVFutures. It pretty much sums things up about FPV flying:
love the lost drone part..... don't forget that joy of a challenge. im lucky with a great fly space. finding an air space is not always easy and half the challenge at least...

you have to find a great place to fly first.. move around hit or even snipe (trespass) to keep it interesting. but some comfy spot with no pressure or need to show off is best. repeat the same trick, turn, dive, whatever till your happy with it or you break your toy and have to go home. build, crash, race, repeat..

you have to find a great place to fly first.. move around hit or even snipe (trespass) to keep it interesting. but some comfy spot with no pressure or need to show off is best. repeat the same trick, turn, dive, whatever till your happy with it or you break your toy and have to go home. build, crash, race, repeat..
True that. I like to fly over grass so the fall kinds of chrashes aren't too bad. But finding nice wide open parks that's not crowded over here are hard to find. And I don't wanna drive too far from home. So I have 3 or 4 nearby that I can choose from. Get familiar with the flying areas can help hone the skills too. You know where the obstacles are and avoid them.

over a decent lawn... usually zero cost but you gotta shut down Before you hit something "pick a switch". trick is when to give up! ....and pray you end up recoverable without a long walk of shame. turtle mode helps

even a small area of grass helps. practice the hard moves, new moves over that spot before going into the trees with it

Yeah. All good points. I wouldn't worry about how fast it takes to get good at FPV. My advice would be to practice the basics over and over and over til it becomes 2nd nature to you. Everyone has a different learning curve. Use the same drone, same gear all the time til your skill levels improve almost to the point you get bored (although I don't think quad flying ever gets boring). I personally like to fly in parks that have a lot of grass, which means less damage in crashes. Trees are like the number one enemy of quads there. I've seen trees do more damage than crashing into the pavement sometimes. LOL

today my neighbor had a new roof delivered. it was fun to film. no gopro.. 3" is carrying my habit day to day.. "little quad that could". it's wet out in Florida and the 3" is shaky.(needs new motors). fun though... i crash regularly.. this one turned toward the tree too soon. that gap comes up fast lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax