Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How hot is too hot?

M3talrocksFPV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So I live in vegas, and obviously it's a desert. Now that summer is around the corner it's getting really really hot (110°f in the day, 95°when the sun drops) today alone. Now just want some opinions on flying in these conditions? Obviously maybe not during the middle of the day but even at night it's hot.

im in Florida, 80s at night 90s during the day... humid. i see the difference only in how warm my motors come back. lipos like to be warm so no worry there. just watch motor temps i think. fly it!

Reactions: Wayno52
Agreed, quads can handle a very high temp as long as they are in flight with air moving over things. I think it helps to have a pit mode on the vTX and put it on a switch, that way if you crash and have to go find it you can go to pit and help keep the vTX from overheating too bad, but this stuff, when all is actually working properly, can take a good bit. That being said, many pieces actually have heat related issues and can start to glitch and fail when they get hot, even if they are not being flown in very hot conditions, so expect something to give you some amount of trouble. I would try to prove the gear with some flights low over soft ground to distance so if something does give you can dump it without risking too much damage. If all checks good then rip it, but as we all know things happen and a quad is a consumable in the long run.

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya