Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hot motors Help

No, I might have to get a new motor. ****. Do you ever find that you can't spin out dirt in your motors? I don't really have an understanding of how much dirt is too much to not fly. I have only been flying for a year now and only in school holidays, so I do tend to crash regularly. (maybe once every 3 packs or so.)

Reactions: Futuramille
Was flying today and crashed into another ghost branch, and landed in grass. (no biggie) I walked over and found that my solder joints connecting my motor wires to my 4 in 1 had melted and joined together, causing smoke. Just to clarify, do escs get hot as motors do, or are they separate? By the way thank God for that high temperature resistant coating on the coils of my tmotor.

OK so another crash and when I walked over I saw smoke coming from the escs. There goes my fc and esc. Was the fire a result from hot motors or the crash? And if it was the crash, what the hell? How does crashing cause a fire?

Id say something was wrong before hand. Probably a shorted out motor caused to esc to blow. replace the exc and motor correctly and your good to go.
Why did you say the flight Controller was in question? Did something on the fc smoke too or just the esc?

The esc was the problem. All of the tiny capacitors burnt out and in the process smoked my fc, because it was directly on top of it. The fc should be fine though, it was just exposed to smoke, not fire. So you reckon a shorted out motor? Like a motor with burnt windings? Could you please define shorted out motor? I never knew motors could short. Before the particular flight when I crashed and burnt my escs, the motors looked and smelt fine. And they are tmotors, with that supposedly temperature resistant windings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas