Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

High speed drone racing.

Nigan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,,,
It's gonna be hard because the barrier to entry is crazy high, you gotta build your own quads and that's a learning experience on its own then showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ flying is a different story. I know people that have flown for years and still couldn't finish one lap of this track, takes a lot of time money knowledge and skill to even come close to this level and the payoffs just aren't there yet so it's still very much a hobby even at the higher levels imo.

Last edited:
I agree. Except for that 1 in a million, it is, and always will be, just a hobby. A very addictive and expensive hobby.

Reactions: Futuramille
Make it an olympic sport. Considering break dancing is not in olympics, why not FPV racing?

FPV racing doesn't exactly require a lot of athleticism, most guys do it sitting in a lawn chair lol
Lawn chair adrenalin junkies!
...what a great hobby though. If your like me you've flown line of sight for years. We can finally "get inside" and fly!!
Ton of money but dang you can't beat this without breaking limbs which is alot more expensive.

...what a great hobby though. If your like me you've flown line of sight for years. We can finally "get inside" and fly!!
Ton of money but dang you can't beat this without breaking limbs which is alot more expensive.

True! [emoji28]

Spot on, flew a couple of packs this afternoon with my trashcan sitting in my favourite chair and tried to nail a move through an upturned tree root. Crashed a couple of times before I jagged it, small win on the trip to getting sort of competency. My mate was sitting alongside me egging me on and laughing at the fact you can do this sitting 30 mtrs away in the garage. As for paying for this ‘hobby’, I clicked over to 60 on the weekend and my family are all too familiar with my ‘spend’ and kindly dumped cash in my lap to continue supporting the economy of a small third world economy. I’ll never amount to a racing quad’s supremo’s bum, but I bet I have as much fun.

I travel. Bring Quads everywhere and a suitcase for tools. FPV, Sunk $$ into goggles but interestingly settling into loud music in my buds and LOS. Pick your poison. I actually question if some of the best FPV pilots came from LOS. I do know that many FPV say LOS is really tough.......hmmmm.

wow.. just noticed your in Butte. My son flew out today for summer raft guide job in Polson till EOM Sept. [parade wave]

yea.. LOS is something we've done both 3D planks and hellis for years. Its great to know how but Im having an absolute ball "getting inside to fly" with FPV.
Diving around, over and through big trees would be impossible otherwise.

Great to hear from someone in Montana. I went to highschool in Bosman and met my best X-Wife in Missoula.

I travel. Bring Quads everywhere and a suitcase for tools. FPV, Sunk $$ into goggles but interestingly settling into loud music in my buds and LOS. Pick your poison. I actually question if some of the best FPV pilots came from LOS. I do know that many FPV say LOS is really tough.......hmmmm.
You should trip up to Flathead Lake between Polson and Kalispell. He's gonna be flying a great kit... diving cliffs and such. Big sky country is awesome... maybe even take a ride down the river with him.
20190516_234017.jpg

Reactions: rtkDarling
Super Nice. Yup, hard to beat Montana for the outdoor guy. Nice Pics. I know Flathead. Looks like July, early August? Looks like they are having a blast too. Drones are a hobby of mine, but wife would tell you I added that to my hunting, fishing, skiing, 4x4, other RC activities, etc bla bla bla......live once right. Kidding......wife is always right:). Tell your son (or yourself) to holler when in the area.
Can tell you went to school in Bozeman.........cant spell it.......ha ha ha...not fair. just kidding. You know the poking between the two cities Im sure. Take care and again, love the pics.
My daughter lives in Missoula.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax