Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Hi! I`m new here! Need help (Mac)!

Hey guys! My name is Jin, I`m here from Hiroshima, Japan.
I recently bought a Eachine Wizard x220 ARF, and am having a multiple of issues....escpecially with software and driver problems. I own a 2011 Macbook Air (HighSierra) and have a FLY SKY FS-i6 transmitter.

Problems:

1. I wanted to practice how to fly with a simulator before actually going out, so I downloaded fpv freerider on my mac, and tried to plug in the transmitter to play. I made sure to buy simulator cables...
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00J44L4PI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but my mac doesn`t seem to recognize my transmitter at all. I`ve seen youtube videos of ppl just plugging in and playing on the simulator, but my mac doesn`t seem to recognize it all. I`ve tried student mode on my transmitter and also downloaded velocidrone, but my mac still doesnt recognize the transmitter!

2. I`ve been trying to flash the updated betaflight, but my mac doesn`t seem to even recognize the FC. I`ve tried pluggin it in multiple times, using different cables, downloaded CP210X, manually putting it in bootloader mode, but my mac doesnt recognize the FC at all. The FC has a solid blue light when i plug it so there is current going through to the FC, but the mac driver not recognizing it. I`ve looked into downloading Zadig, but realized I can`t because they don`t have a compatible software with the mac.

3. I`m a complete noob here, so please understand.
I thought that if I plug in everything even without updating the betaflight/cleanflight, the drone should respond and fly right? well, my VTX is working and my receiver is binded, but the drone motors don`t even budge even if i put a command. Ive changed channed 5/6 on my flysky to swc, and swd buttons as my arm/disarm buttons, and I think the transmitter should be disarmed when i try to fly it.

All in all, i bought everything but can`t fly it.....or even try the simulator!
Help!

Thanks for reading and stopping by at this post! I really appreciate your help!
Jin

It`s super hard to find information about FPV flying in Japan! I really appreciate that there is an online community like this!

Wayno52

Hi Jin and welcome to the forum. You will need to set up in Betaflight/Cleaflight first. As for the sims, I have the same tx and have tried multiple things and cables and cannot connect.
This video should help you. It’s a bit long but very helpful.
Wayne

Hi Jin and welcome to the forum. You will need to set up in Betaflight/Cleaflight first. As for the sims, I have the same tx and have tried multiple things and cables and cannot connect.
This video should help you. It’s a bit long but very helpful.
Wayne
Thanks a bunch, will try it out!

After almost giving up on the software I managed to flash bootloader onto the FC. The problem was the usb wire, I used 4 different cables and the last one seemed to finally connect.

Now I have a different problem, where I can bind my FS IA6 receiver but betaflight shows no stick movement. I`ve read other forums that say the FS IA6 receiver isn`t compatible with the Wizard x220, but I`ve seen people on youtube using this receiver.

I`m not sure if I should buy another new receiver (FS IA6B) or if its just another problem I haven`t found the solution too.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilseth0014