Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hi I am new to drone building. My motor only spins at 1910 in beta flight.

I originally order parts cheaper that would of had 6 motors, larger bases, and clearer instruction. However the drone kit was mislabeling during shipping in china bc of the corno outbreak. I am currently designing this for an expo in my region for electrical engineering. Due to the time restraint I was forced to find a US shipped drone kit with in 5 minutes. After getting the kit and reviewing the page on Amazon I do not believe I would of bought it in another situation. As far as the drone goes now that the motor are functioning, I need to figure out how to send a "up", "down" signal etc. to the Rx3 on my flight controller from a PI. I am unable to use the default RC setup.

I think that is going to be a significant R&D exercise to accomplish that with a Pi, it is the flight controller that tells the ESC's to speed up or slow down to keep level (if in a self leveling flight mode) and to go up or come down. There is no altimeter or GPS/GLONASS to keep position, and the flight controller will need to see valid commands and values to do any of this. I really think the university has its nerve asking students to do what multi billion dollar companies can barely do, and who's products cost at least $500 and still do not fly autonomously, but in fact get input from other very sophisticated programs built just for waypoint missions. Good luck!

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax