Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hi from North Carolina, need some advice!

Pedro679

Reaction score
I've been flying dji drones for a while and wanted to try fpv as well, after searching for a while I found the STX225 pretty interesting to start with and been thinking to buy but wanted to know the opinion of you, if it's worth it. I honestly have no knowledge at all regarding fpv

I've been flying dji drones for a while and wanted to try fpv as well, after searching for a while I found the STX225 pretty interesting to start with and been thinking to buy but wanted to know the opinion of you, if it's worth it. I honestly have no knowledge at all regarding fpv
I have no knowledge of the STX225 but would suggest starting with a smaller "whoop" style drone. FPV quads aren't anything like flying a DJI quad. They will not hold position in the air like a DJI will. Auto leveling is available but they will not hold the height for you, and if you let go of the sticks, it will be out of control. They are usually flown in "ACRO" mode or what is considered "full manual" mode.
There will be much crashing when starting out and the whoops hold up much better in crashes than the larger exposed prop quads do.

I would also suggest starting with an FPV simulator as they really helped me out and saved alot of crashes with my actual quads.
"Velocidrone" and "Liftoff" seem to be the most popular FPV sims.

You will also need a Controller and Goggles. DJI controllers only work for DJI drones.

A couple of vids that may help give you an idea...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz