Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help

roflo555

Reaction score
Help buying a new drone
I really like this drone thing and would like to buy one. I am an amateur but would like to purchase something that lasts long and I won't need to change soon. Would you recommend a ready-to-fly drone or build my own? If you recommend building my own, where can I start, what do I need to buy to build it with?

Thank you very much

!

Watch a good build video on youtube (like rotor riot one) to get an idea of what goes into a build. I built my first one, it was fun. You can also get crazy deals on RTF so it is just a matter of preference.

Ive just finnished building my first one!

Deffinately build! You get a good sense of achievment when you fly it :)

Go the build your own route. I watched a lot of videos and the one I liked the best was by Mike at FlightClubFPV. He built the Lumenier QAV - R as a very clean build. He's easy to follow and I had no problems following his build. Quad flies terrific! What I liked about this quad is the replaceable arms as I fully expect to break one learning to fly.

Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My suggestion depending on your finances is to buy a good RTF so you can start flying now! but start getting the parts you need to build a rock solid one. If you're a complete new guy to this and also have never soldered anything or know how to use the FC programs it could be a good amount of time before you actually get your build off the ground. There is a steep learning curve to all this.. Just saying

I am not an experienced pilot, but I can share my experience. It is definitely great when you buid your own drone. After that you will be proud of yourself when you see that the drone you've made by yourself is really working! So, if you can and you will enjoy this process then why not?
Not each pilot can really build a qualitative drone. Furthermore, you may spend lots of time,money and efforts on the thing which even may not fly. I bought my first drone from www.aeromotus.com - an authorized DJI dealer. I spent lots of time choosing the best drone for the new pilot and chose Mavic Pro. I read lots of feedback and reviews. I talked to my friend who is already an experienced pilot (he also recommended me that drone). I use it for two months and don't regret about my choice. It is small, portable but at the same time has lots of useful features. Some experts consider thar its camera quality is almost the same as Phantom 4 has.
So, sometimes it is much better to choose a made, qualitative drone and improve your piloting skills!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax