Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with new build

Ian_FPV

Reaction score
Hey so I'm new in this hobby and picking out parts for my first build I've figured out everything besides how to wire the 4 in 1 escape to the FC. I'll include pictures at the bottom. I've figured out where the motor wires go and I know the flight controller has a build in current sensor so I won't need to solder that wire. My question is whether I can solder the Vbat and ground wires to the battery leads on the flight controller or on the little pads that say Vbat and ground. Thanks for any help.

FC20190714_173525.jpg
Esc20190714_173434.jpg

What you have, from what I can see, is an AIO FC (All In One) that is built to feed individual ESC's and is not really set up well for a 4in1, but it still can work even if it is a bit cumbersome. First, the FC wont be able to sense the current because you are not feeding the power to the motors from the FC, it is being fed through the ESC, so don't expect to get an accurate current reading. Second you would want to attach the battery pigtail to the ESC and run jumpers from those same pads to the B+/- leads on the FC. I think your better bet is to get a different FC for the 4in1 ESC, and some individual ESC's for the AIO FC, and build 2 quads.

What you have, from what I can see, is an AIO FC (All In One) that is built to feed individual ESC's and is not really set up well for a 4in1, but it still can work even if it is a bit cumbersome. First, the FC wont be able to sense the current because you are not feeding the power to the motors from the FC, it is being fed through the ESC, so don't expect to get an accurate current reading. Second you would want to attach the battery pigtail to the ESC and run jumpers from those same pads to the B+/- leads on the FC. I think your better bet is to get a different FC for the 4in1 ESC, and some individual ESC's for the AIO FC, and build 2 quads.

So if I do it that way, would it remove the need to use the vbat and ground wire from the esc leaving just the battery in 1-4 wires to be soldered to the fc.

If I understand you correctly, yes. The only thing the ESC needs from the FC is to be told what speed to run the motors and that happens through the M1-M4 pads. This won't be ideal, more of a Frankenquad, but it should work if the boards are good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput