Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with Mamba F405MK2 stack

Mopele

Reaction score
Hey guys,
the last days I tried to get my new MAMBA stack to run and I had no success at all. So I decided to look for some advice here...
My prblem is, that when I power my 4-in-1 ESC via the battery there is no powerup beep bu my FC is getting power via the ESC.
My motors are attached to the esc and I did some debugging and investigation. My results were, that the ESC gets hot over time, so some current is definetly flowing. also the motors have a higher turning resistance if the esc is plugged in to the battery. My betaflight is like:
Konfigurator: 10.6.0
Firmware: BTFL 4.1.1
Ziel: FURYF4OSD
wich is correct for the fc. When I try to get the motors to spin in betaflight I get no spin on the motors. My motor protocol is at DSHOT300 but I also tried 600.

In blheli configurator I get no respone from reading the setup, but I am not quite sure if I did everything right with it.

Feel free to ask me anything and I wll provide further insides. Hope to get some advice!

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
When you plug in the battery you should get the first 3 startup tones telling you the ESC is good, then the last 2 startup tones tell you the FC and ESC are taking to each other. Since you do not get the first 3 startup tones it says that the ESC is not booting up (it has a cpu also that runs the BLHeli firmware to make them work that is completely separate from the voltage to the FC) and that is that, you are dead in the water. If you built this yourself it could be improper wiring (the ESC should NOT get hot), or the ESC could just be bad. Got any good clear pictures of your wiring?

When you plug in the battery you should get the first 3 startup tones telling you the ESC is good, then the last 2 startup tones tell you the FC and ESC are taking to each other. Since you do not get the first 3 startup tones it says that the ESC is not booting up (it has a cpu also that runs the BLHeli firmware to make them work that is completely separate from the voltage to the FC) and that is that, you are dead in the water. If you built this yourself it could be improper wiring (the ESC should NOT get hot), or the ESC could just be bad. Got any good clear pictures of your wiring?
I thought so... I also guess that the esc is broken.
Here are se Pics. I think that the smd resistor and capacitor could be damaged(in picture) and the 1 chip gets especially hot. I'm thinking that my wirering and soldering is ok.
Note that I have wired some of the motor wires for debugging purposes on the top side of the ESC. 3th pic should show the damaged smds but they were to tiny to capture and last pic shows the most hottest chip.

15906960582326765662165494634932.jpg15906961271496365920505924289633.jpg15906961612245275120702615485952.jpg15906962103414430506307016204187.jpg

It is a little hard to tell from the pics due to the shiny conformal coating, but I agree your soldering should be fine and looks pretty good. You should try to unplug the cable harness between the FC and ESC and plug the battery in again to see if there is any difference. When I build I do certain things so that I have a reasonable chance things will work. I always plug the FC into BF and check the config and get a dump from the CLI for posterity or in case I need it for something, and I check that the Gyro works and the quad in the BF diagram tilts as I tilt the board, BEFORE I ever put solder to it. For the ESC I will do my battery pigtail, attach the motors and then plug in to see that I get the first 3 tones. And you ALWAYS need to double check the wiring harness that the pins line up in the harness the way they should, never take it for granted that the manufacturer has done this correctly for the boards ESPECIALLY if they are not a matched pair from a FC/ESC stack made by the same company, often they are pinned out incorrectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput