Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with binding QX7 Taranis

cableguyp

Reaction score
Hi so I have the Taranis QX7 and I updated the firmware to OpenTX 2.3.7. I am trying to bind my drone that uses a Tx5258 transmitter but it won't connect. I am holding the bind button when I plug the battery in and give it like 20 seconds before giving up. I don't know what to do, I'm using the internal RF on the D8 mode.
My wiring is as follows:
T5258 Trasmitter-
DC7-24V to VCC
Ground to Ground
Video to VID
Ground to Ground
Smart Audio to TX3

Matek 40CH Video Transmitter-
Positive to VCC
Ground to Ground
Video to TX3

Camera-
5V to 5V
Ground to Ground
Cam to CAM

The camera video feed works but for some reason no matter what I do I cannot get it to bind to my Taranis QX7

The TX5258 is a vTX, not a receiver, so you are pressing the vTX button that is used to change the video Band and Channel. My guess is that this is either a PNP and has no receiver (for the control link, not the video link) or it is there and you don't know what it looks like. Who built this, which Frsky receiver could it be? It could be an XM, XM+, R-XSR, XSR, or possibly one of a few others. But I can guarantee if you are pushing a button on the 5258, you're pressing the wrong thing. Also... there is a "Boot button" on the FC too, that also is NOT the Bind/FS button on a receiver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi