Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with acro/air mode issue

It could be doing it with air mode on, but the PIDs staying active mask it in some way so that you don't notice much. Just a suspicion. I could be totally wrong. The only other choice I see would be a bad FC.

No it's not doing it with air mode on...trust me dude this isn't my first rodeo.

I believe you, just proposing what could conceivably cause this. In airmode I would think losing signal would seem like the quad was unresponsive for a second but would maintain attitude. You haven't see this, eh?

If I lost signal I would of known it from telemetry

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. This is not a radio issue or a bad FC, it is a product of the PID control system being turned off at low throttle. If you do a punchout, then hard roll immediately followed by zero throttle, this behavior is expected. The PIDs are no longer active at zero throttle so will not make any attitude corrections. The quad will just spin until it gets throttle input again and the PIDs reactivate.

I had no throttle.

What you insinuating is this is normal when in acro mode. It is not. I assure you. I have more than one quad and none of them behave like this.

Yes, I think that explains it. With airmode off, at zero throttle the PID control system is completely turned off. If the quad is spinning when this happens, it will continue to spin. I think you should practice it and make it your signature trick!

Yes, I think that explains it. With airmode off, at zero throttle the PID control system is completely turned off. If the quad is spinning when this happens, it will continue to spin. I think you should practice it and make it your signature trick!

You're not listening man. If I had throttle I would of only done one flip. I don't expect anyone on here to problem solve this I just wondered if anyone had a issue like this before. You can assume all you like but I've flown it, I know how to fly, unless you where there flying I don't expect you to know all the details. It's going to take some investigating which I just haven't been able to do because it's been winter here.

Oh and as far as making it my signature trick I've pulled it off like 3 times now making sure it was in fact When i turn the air mode off lol. The video is just the first time it happened. I was ready for it the other times. This quad had been a thorn in my side since I built it. I'm getting ready to scrap it but I still want to figure out if it's an equipment issue or what. Maybe tonight I'll look at betaflight settings.

Ok I didn't think you gave throttle input, and it just didn't respond. I thought you were only giving yaw/roll input during the freak out. I am not trying to assume, I am trying to deduce. Sorry, I thought you were interested in a discussion of a possible explanation, not trying to pester you.

Yeah I had no input until I switched to horizon mode.

It might be a esc problem or it could be a Fc problem. But first I have to make sure betaflight setting are correct and then I'm going to flash both the esc's and Fc. Then if it still does it I'll look at black box and go from there. I guess next step if I can't see anything jumping out would be to swap Fc test again and go to esc if still happening. Or what's really sounding good to me right now is just fly it with air mode on and when I want to race fly a different drone lol.

And it's not that your pestering me it's just that I know what it wasn't and you kept offering the same explanation lol.

It does for me. It makes you over shoot turns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax