Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help understanding

Marturashi

Reaction score
Just when I thought I had all the parts for my quad I ran into a question of my own that I could not answer. I plan on getting the betaflight F3 board and a 4 in 1 ESC. The question I have is whether or not I need to get a 25 or 35 amp ? reason I ask this is because the betaflight F3 board ESC inputs are rated at 25 amps and 30 Max. So how do I know whether or not that is going to be too much power being inputted into that flight controller by the ESC? Another question I have is, does the Motors that I choose have anything to do with the amps being put into the ESC? Same question with the battery? My worry is that I don't want to burn up any of my parts and I don't quite understand how all of these things come together. Example will my battery give too much power to the motor thus blowing the ESC or blowing the flight control. Another words how do I find the ratios of what will and will not work in terms of destroying the parts?

No current goes from the ESC's to the flight controller (FC). That FC amp rating is for the integrated Power Distribution Board (PDB). It means that the built in PDB can supply that much current to the ESCs.

The amount of current capacity you need is determined by the motors, props and battery voltage. The motors should have a chart that says what the current draw is for a given prop and voltage.

Reactions: truegypsum58
Just use the higher amp escs, usually not much difference in price and if you ever upgrade your motors.....

If I go with the betaflight F3 board along with race Star Motors and a race star 20 amp ESC do you think that would be a good combination?

It will work, but 30a escs would be better. As far as motors go, the emax rs2205s motors are the best I've used so far. Jerry has a set of them, maybe he'll chime in on his experience. These motors should be comprable in price and are really good. I also use littlebee, blheli s 30 amp escs. They are really good, I have several sets and have had no issues. When I fly hard and my Motors get hot, my ESCs are always cool

oops.....
just checked the price of racerstar motors, they're half the price of the emax motors i mentioned. i havent tried the racerstar motors but assume theyre decent as long as they have curved rare earth magnets and good bearings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz