Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help my Naze 32 won't enable the single servo gimbal

bmw546

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have tried many time by following this video :

(an the manual of the board) to make a single servo gimbal on my naze 32 acroflight rev6
I checked the box for the servo gimbal, but when i connect the servo to pin 1 it goes full on way(and eventually get hot) and i lose one motor(the control of it). When i put in pin 5-6 it does nothing. (pin 1-4 stay as motor even if servo gimbal is activate and pin5-6 does nothing)
When i go in the motor tab i can see the servo number 1 and 2 moving.
Also i never see a "gimbal servo" tab on it.
I have a servo tab but whenever i tried to change any setting it won't save ( even if i click the save buttons) the only way i found to change anything is by command line.
The quad was able to fly before i tried put a gimbal servo so i don't thing it the board failure
I am out of idea anyone have an idea to resolve this problem ? Is the board fault ? is anyone have done this with this board before ? and is this feature even supported anymore ?
Thank you in advance
Here some more image of the said quad:

IMG_4317.JPG IMG_4319.JPG P1010215.JPG P1010219.JPG P1010220.JPG

The board is a afro flight rev6 (naze 32) on cleanflight configuration. and i think it use cPPM (one wire from receiver (orange receiver from hobbyking this one : OrangeRx R615X DSM2/DSMX Compatible 6Ch 2.4GHz Receiver w/CPPM ) to the board) This generation of board are starting to get old ... Here is a hobbyking link about the board: AfroFlight Naze32 Rev6 Flight Controller (Acro)
(i am not sure because someone made it for me but i think it this board it look the same.)
Also i don't know what you mean by UART never heard of it ...

Ok, yeah, that board is definitely before my time in this hobby...lol. Think i'm a year in, amazing how fast things go obsolete in this hobby. Seems i remember someone using the usb for a uart, may do a search on that on yt. That board probably has 2 uarts and one is the usb, just guessing. a uart is a port for in-out signals

Reactions: bmw546
I finally solved the problem. Look like i didn't address correctly the servo and the motor.
You just have to follow the tutorial and put these line when you can see in the motor tab the servo are moving when you move the quad:
resource motor 1 none
resource motor 2 none
resource servo 1 a8
resource servo 2 a11
resource motor 1 b6
resource motor 2 b7
resource motor 3 b8
resource motor 4 b9
save
(also don't forget that pin 1 and 2 are now servo only pin. Pin 4,5,6,7 are now motor pin)
(source : Servos & SERVO_TILT for 3.1 · betaflight/betaflight Wiki · GitHub)

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax