Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help mounting a hero 5 session

neep

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am soon going to aquire a gopro hero 5 session and I have limited space to mount it on my emax hawk 5 quad.
If I buy a 3D printed gopro case, will a velcro strap be enough to hold it in place ?
If you guys have any links you can recommend for mounts and tips to get less vibrations please post them.
Thank you

Reactions: Wayno52
I use this type of full encasing mount on my cerberus 5". Ive gone through about 4. you don't need velcro. I use zip ties to ensure the mount stays put. as the mount wears out through crashing, I just shim between the camera and the mount.
Emax Hawk 5 GoPro session MULTI-COLOR mount case drone fpv Tpu Runcam Esc Hero | eBay
works a charm and generally stays put.
Ive broken a zip tie but never fully ejected the camera & mount.
good luck, congrats on getting the season 5. you'll love it. let us know how you make out.. !

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayno52 and neep
I got my mounts from Brain3D, another option for you
Hawk5
image_a1135ec6-daeb-48ad-bee9-f9ab385ba175_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: Wayno52
BTW - get two or three. I tear mine up pretty fast. Sticking up like that the mount takes a beating. better a solid mount than a broken camera ( :
I did that, and got them at 20 and 30 degrees to see what I liked best. I don't have a favorite angle really, it depends on how I want to fly. I Gotta bite the bullet in go high tilt...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax