Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help - FPV black screen No OSD

Doko

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its my first build, I have a problem with my FPV system.
1. To check the system, I have connected the camera directly to the vtx and the vtx to an outsource 12V power supply and the video is ok and working.
2. I tried to connect only the signal wires through the flight controller and I get a black screen, no OSD.
3.if I try to power the vtx and the camera from the FC, when I connect the camera the vtx shut down.
4.All other option in the FC are working. Motoros and esc ok. Radio ok, arm mode ok, betaflight connection and gyto ok.
5. Camera cap is off :)

I am kinda sure the problem is the FC.
What can I check more and try to fix?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20190118_231216.jpg
    IMG_20190118_231216.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi Mate

I had this Issue with a FC before everything was fine until i connected the vtx and camera to the FC and black screen it turned out to be a fault on the FC I sent it back and got a replacement.
i also had an issue with the vtx shutting off and that was because i was powering it with 5v and it wasn't enough you could try giving your vtx battery voltage first to make sure.

The fact that it works fine with an outside power source should give you your answer. 12V out on a flight controller is very low mah and not enough to power your vtx. You have your camera connected to your vtx correctly, just move the power wires of your vtx from the flight controller (assuming this is a 7V-24V vtx) to the battery or ESC pads for full power

Reactions: rtkDarling
Hey,
Thanks Sambo for yoyr reply. I assume the FC is faulty.

RENOVER, my vtx has a 7-17V input, I can power it directly threw the battery but I'm afraid it will burn becausr of voltage or amp spikes ( as esc current chane drasticly). Also I assume there will be a lot of noise.
I have considered connecting it with a 1V2bec.
Do you have experience in that connection?

Yes that 's a good option. One silly question, have you enabled OSD in the configuration tab?

Yes I have. Its my first build so a lot is new but I did enables and try to play eith options with no luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax