Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help eachine tyro99 is kickin my butt

Aarong

Reaction score
So I got this eachine tyro a while back and built everything like a vid told me I have a fly sky transmitter and a Fs-A8s receiver i soldered the receiver to the back of the fc to grnd 5vlt and ppm i Connected it to betta flight and followed a video on that the motors worked on it but the inputs on the receiver didn’t I’m not sure if it is ibis or sbus but I tried everything and have no clu how to get it to work any ideas

Attachments

• 0745CF77-5DF2-402C-A9E6-A82B296C4FD1.jpeg
    0745CF77-5DF2-402C-A9E6-A82B296C4FD1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Hi Aarong, you want it set to ibus in receiver tab.
Sounds like same issue as the post prior to yours. Check out that video.
I tried that and put Ibus for everything and still no inputs do u have any other suggestions

You need to have the correct port selected for serial RX in your ports tab (the port shown may not be the port you're using, we'd have to check your FC pinout)
betaflight-prots-tab-kakute-f7-how-to-build-a-drone.jpg

Then you need ibus selected in the configuration tab
configure-sbus-in-betaflight-configuration-tab.jpg

I'm pulling these from a setup guide. The pics say sbus, but you're using ibus

Reactions: HighTechPauper
You never said you successfully bound the TX and RX together before checking betaflight.

The TX (transmitter) is the thing you hold in your hands, and the RX (receiver) is the fs-a8s that is in the quad. They will not work together unless the are programmed to each other in a process call "binding", so if they are not "bound" together then that could be an issue. Also you will want iBus instead of PPM.

The TX (transmitter) is the thing you hold in your hands, and the RX (receiver) is the fs-a8s that is in the quad. They will not work together unless the are programmed to each other in a process call "binding", so if they are not "bound" together then that could be an issue. Also you will want iBus instead of PPM.
Ok yes I did bind them together could the soldering be in the wrong spots

could the soldering be in the wrong spots

I think so, the white wire should likely go to the SBus pad instead of the PPM pad, and did you already set the transmitter up for iBus mode like in this video?

But I am just guessing, I think that @dusty_nz has his wired and working properly, maybe they can tell you where they wired the iBus/sBus on the FC.

I think so, the white wire should likely go to the SBus pad instead of the PPM pad, and did you already set the transmitter up for iBus mode like in this video?

But I am just guessing, I think that @dusty_nz has his wired and working properly, maybe they can tell you where they wired the iBus/sBus on the FC.
Ok so I should resolder the white to the sbus pad but have it as Ibus or change it to sbus

I am not positive because I do not use Flysky, I use Frsky and it is different. You will want to solder the wire to sBus but configure in BF for iBus. You may want to wait to hear from @dusty_nz since he has what you have and his is working.

iBus and sBus are almost the same thing, they are both Serial Receiver Protocols, but one is Inverted signal, the other is NON-Inverted signal, and that is why I am not sure if the sBus pad on the FC is the correct way to go, I am hoping @dusty_nz will see this and say how his is wired.

I am not positive because I do not use Flysky, I use Frsky and it is different. You will want to solder the wire to sBus but configure in BF for iBus. You may want to wait to hear from @dusty_nz since he has what you have and his is working.

iBus and sBus are almost the same thing, they are both Serial Receiver Protocols, but one is Inverted signal, the other is NON-Inverted signal, and that is why I am not sure if the sBus pad on the FC is the correct way to go, I am hoping @dusty_nz will see this and say how his is wired.
Um ok so I’m goin to resolder the white wire to sbus pad in bf for the ports should it say Ibus or no

Um ok so I’m goin to resolder the white wire to sbus pad in bf for the ports should it say Ibus or no

"solder the wire to sBus but configure in BF for iBus"

Is there something in my statement that didn't make sense?

FYI: I am a newbie but this is what I found when researching.
You must use PPM contacts. S-Bus is inverted and will not work for I-BUS. Change back to the PPM tab, shown in the first post in my thread

You also need to solder the bridge on the top side of the Flight Controller PCB (other side from PPM/yellow wire solder point). In my 2nd pic, if you look close at the point where the yellow wire goes under the board, On top there are three pads. Left hand is S-BUS. Right hand is PPM/DSM/IBUS. You need to carefully bridge the middle and right hand pads. Note, very small.

See the pads circled in red. The right and middle pads need to be bridged.
Note, Yellow wire goes underneath FC PCB and solders to the PPM pad on the other side.

Attachments

• FlightControllerTop2.jpg
    FlightControllerTop2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 11
See the pads circled in red. The right and middle pads need to be bridged.
Note, Yellow wire goes underneath FC PCB and solders to the PPM pad on the other side.
Ok so I think I have all of the wires in the right spot I just have to solder the bridge um what’s the yellow wire I’m your receiver

Yellow wire is going here (See pic). On my receiver I am using the std plug, Think yellow wire is on the right. See pics

Attachments

• FlightControllerBottom.jpg
    FlightControllerBottom.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Receiver.jpg
    Receiver.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Ok awesome I’m going to try and bridge the 2 things together but does it matter what kind of receiver I have

Ok awesome I’m going to try and bridge the 2 things together but does it matter what kind of receiver I have
Yellow wire is going here (See pic). On my receiver I am using the std plug, Think yellow wire is on the right. See pics
Also on my receiver I have grnd wire a Ibus or sbus wire and a vcc wire which is the white one so would the white (vcc) wire go to the ppm pad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput