Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help a Newb: Fried VTX?

its not something you can usually diagnose from a picture. How do you have it hooked up? Are you using an osd? Is there anything happening in the goggles when you turn it on? Did it ever work? These are things I would need to know. If it does turn out to be the vtx you can often reset the solder joints by putting it in your oven and actually baking it at like 300 until the solder heats up enough to melt. Just make sure you research how do do it before trying.

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Thanks.

No OSD.

The goggles don't pick up anything. I don't know if it ever worked. I plugged in the battery before the antenna, (In my ignorance) but never noticed any heat smoke or pop.

I saw a video of a guy fixing his by soldering a replacement for a diode or something. I thought I might try to fix mine while waiting for a new one to arrive.

I'm looking at that 4R7 inductor. I'll let you know if it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trauma,

My JJPro P200 VTX went out while in Texas. It's a 25 & 600mw, switchable VTX. The 25mw worked fine but the 600mw just stopped working. I came across the "baking" idea and thought it had some merit, made sense anyway. I reviewed all of the info I could find and gave it a shot. It didn't work for my particular issue. Just thought I'd share my recent experience.

Jerry

Jerry, if you are looking for a replacement, the Tramp has been working out well for me. One good feature, if it gets too hot it will step down the power until it cools off (like if you are waiting to take off, or recovering a crashed quad).

Green,

I've got a 600mw Tramp but it's too big for the bird. Per advice from Raymon, I'm waiting for the delivery of 3 Tramp HV's. they're 600mw but a lot smaller. Thanks for the info!

Jerry

Yeah it's not a sure fix. It will only work if it is a bad solder connection somewhere. If you plugged it in with no antenna you maybe correct in thinking you burned it out. If you had it on 600mw It would of been more likely to happen. If it was on 25mw the vtx can usually last a bit with no antenna on. How long did you have it on with no antenna? If it's burnt out I'm not sure you can do anything about it. I'm sure it's a pretty technical and involved fix.

Green,

I've got a 600mw Tramp but it's too big for the bird. Per advice from Raymon, I'm waiting for the delivery of 3 Tramp HV's. they're 600mw but a lot smaller. Thanks for the info!

Jerry

The Tramp HV is the one I have Jerry, I didn't know there was a big one... thanks for pointing that out

Reactions: Jtrjr
Just to follow up: I bought a new Vtx which didn't work either. I took everything apart and found out that not only was solder touching, the positive and negative vtx jumpers were wired backwards- at the factory. I did a hack job, switched the wires, and it worked ! I now have 2 working vtx! Thanks for the help everybody.
d2c422a5b9adc828888ba63b143f8d17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jtrjr
So you wires were backwards on the first one also?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax