Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello! from uk

memphis

Reaction score
hi guys, complete newbie from the UK. Haven't built or purchased my first drone yet, still researching. but after seeing the videos of this i am 100% down for this! researching into a budget build for first one and learning and then upgrading as i improve. so i will be lurking around here and asking questions to gain some knowledge and wisdom from you all.

Welcome to DRP @memphis!
Thanks pauper. Already got some good beginner info from here. Going to order a frsky QX7S and get a tinyhawk s and start off with those. Get used to LOS flying. Goggles look to be the biggest expense in this hobby, now my first thought was to go cheap to start with but then I thought if I got a mid range goggle such as the fatshark attitude v5 they would carry me through to my more advanced free styling in time to come. Any thoughts from you guys and gals that have used various goggles or stuck with one brand etc.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thanks pauper. Already got some good beginner info from here. Going to order a frsky QX7S and get a tinyhawk s and start off with those. Get used to LOS flying. Goggles look to be the biggest expense in this hobby, now my first thought was to go cheap to start with but then I thought if I got a mid range goggle such as the fatshark attitude v5 they would carry me through to my more advanced free styling in time to come. Any thoughts from you guys and gals that have used various goggles or stuck with one brand etc.
Again welcome to the crew, good choice with the Tx and your first quad. Believe me that you’ll be giving yourself the best chance to get into the hobby with getting reasonable gear to start with and not throwing endless money down the ( Mod Removed ) (speaking on behalf of a friend...) and finally ending up where you are now. As for goggles, I ran with a fat shark dominator V3 with a fairly good diversity module/antenna setup for years and they were fine. Little bit old school with the current OLED gear on offer but useful nonetheless. I’ve recently switched over to digital gear but that’s another story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again welcome to the crew, good choice with the Tx and your first quad. Believe me that you’ll be giving yourself the best chance to get into the hobby with getting reasonable gear to start with and not throwing endless money down the shitter (speaking on behalf of a friend...) and finally ending up where you are now. As for goggles, I ran with a fat shark dominator V3 with a fairly good diversity module/antenna setup for years and they were fine. Little bit old school with the current OLED gear on offer but useful nonetheless. I’ve recently switched over to digital gear but that’s another story.
Thanks dude just looked online those v3 goggles still varying in price maybe I can pick up a pair pretty cheap, and go from there

One thing to keep in mind is that not everyone can wear fatsharks, a lot depends on your vision (do you wear glasses) and how far apart your eyes are (IPD adjustment). The best option is if you can try a friends to see if they fit well and and you can see well. There is no shame in going budget, and if you do it is fairly well known that the Eachine EV800D works well for about $100, many people who are great pilots have used, or still use them. I think the Attitude V5 is a fine set, but I think there will be a lot of used HDO's on the market now that DJI HD, HDO2's, and Orqa are on the scene. It may pay to keep an eye out for some good used ones since I saw a pair of HDO's for sale by a friend and he was only asking $275 for them. I think this is a great time to consider lightly used goggles.

Reactions: memphis
One thing to keep in mind is that not everyone can wear fatsharks, a lot depends on your vision (do you wear glasses) and how far apart your eyes are (IPD adjustment). The best option is if you can try a friends to see if they fit well and and you can see well. There is no shame in going budget, and if you do it is fairly well known that the Eachine EV800D works well for about $100, many people who are great pilots have used, or still use them. I think the Attitude V5 is a fine set, but I think there will be a lot of used HDO's on the market now that DJI HD, HDO2's, and Orqa are on the scene. It may pay to keep an eye out for some good used ones since I saw a pair of HDO's for sale by a friend and he was only asking $275 for them. I think this is a great time to consider lightly used goggles.
Yer I mean I'm deffo open for other options to keep the price down to start with and I won't be able to get it all at once I will grab the controller and tinyhawk s get used to it then have to save for some goggles. Then it will be about saving for the components I will want for my freestyle drone not really fussed about racing just having fun doing my own thing but yer lots of patience and a ton of enthusiasm lol

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax