Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello from planet Earth

• Thread starter Deleted member 3641
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3641

Got my first drone in Sept 2018 a Mavic 2 Pro for photography and always wanted to fly a drone as well. Was a little dissapointed that you don't really fly it but just tell it where to go... Not that much fun to me as there wasn't much of a challenge.
I got a couple of toys to practice around the house and started into the little whoops. Then I saw a video in the Mavic forum from JohnnyFPV and then Nurks train video and that looked like alot of fun.
Got some cheap Eachine goggles and tried FPV and got hooked.
I spent much time in some sims and glad I did. My favorite sim is Freerider Recharged and have created quite a few custom levels for it. It took some setting changes to get it to fly realistically for me. It dosen't seem to get mentioned at all when folks recommend sims as its most always Velocidrone and Liftoff. Velocidrone overheats my video card within one minute of opening the program and Liftoff seems harder to control than my actual whoops. I'm guessing because of the weight difference of the larger quads? They still really helped with the muscle memory and saved alot of crashes even though the whoops are almost indestructable.
I'm hooked now on FPV as it is quite addictive. I got the Fat Shark HDO 2's just after they came out and what a difference compared to the $100.00 Eachines.
I have been playing around with building my own whoops but can't seem to find reliable AIO boards. I have had three BetaFPV boards crap out and one motor so I will no longer use any of their gear. I have had good luck with Happymodel motors but hear not so good things about the controllers. I was thinking about trying this one GEPRC F4 v1.2 12A AIO Toothpick / Whoop Flight Controller and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it or GEPRC gear. Its for a 85mm whoop frame using Happymodel 1103 6000kv motors.
I should probably ask that in another post in the appropriate area now that I think about it. I just got carried away saying hello...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Welcome @brettbrandon!

You have about a 75% chance with any of this stuff, doesn't matter if it is Whoop class or micro or mini gear, they are all subject to failure and fire. The best chance you have is to build to 1s or higher than you will run on it. The GEPRC AIO is the top board at this time, and as before, you run at least a 75% chance it will work well, and your odds go up if you limit it to 3s.

Welcome @brettbrandon!

You have about a 75% chance with any of this stuff, doesn't matter if it is Whoop class or micro or mini gear, they are all subject to failure and fire. The best chance you have is to build to 1s or higher than you will run on it. The GEPRC AIO is the top board at this time, and as before, you run at least a 75% chance it will work well, and your odds go up if you limit it to 3s.
Thanks, 2-3s is what it will be running.
So far I have had 75% failure rate with BETAFPV gear.
I have used my iFlight Cinebee 2-3s quite a bit and it is still working so I'm guessing their gear is a little better as well?

BetaFPV is not quite as bad as it appears, all of them have failures, including GepRC and iFlight, buy enough stuff and you will see that nothing is guaranteed.
But to say they are a "little better" is correct.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput