Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello from AZ - Help Choosing First FPV Racing Drone!

CC268

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I am an experienced 3D fixed wing flyer as well as helicopter flyer (I have a 450 size helicopter - I don't fly the heli as much as I do the fixed wing stuff). I really want to pick up a drone that is just fun to fly. Most importantly I want something that is Bind in Fly or Ready to Fly. I don't have any FPV Goggles, but it makes sense to get something that is FPV ready. I know a lot of folks recommend building, but I just want to get into the hobby and see how I like it and avoid building for now, even if I have to pay a bit of a premium.

I have a Spektrum DX9 (Black Edition) so what would be the recommended receiver for these drones?

I have looked into Team BlackSheep, Arris, Storm, etc. There are so many options I just don't know what to look for.

I would say max budget of $500 (and honestly if I could keep it closer to $300 that would be great).

Thanks!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Several members here have the Arris quads, they really like them

I guess I am just looking for model recommendations, because there are so many. Any specific models from Arris you recommend?

At first, hours. Now, with a years experience, 60-90 mins

Yea...I will stick to a pre-assembled model for now. Tons of options with ARRIS. Hopefully some folks chime in on specific models.

Thanks for the help.

The motors on that quad are awesome, i have a set on a quad. That would be an awesome 1st quad. I recomend you download a sim to learn to fly

Yea I got RealFlight 8 so I mess with the quads on there. That said I can fly helis quite well, which is probably the hardest flying in my opinion. Plus my 3D background I should be okay.

Does that ARRIS I linked have any like flight modes? It wouldn't hurt to ease my way into flying a quad to have some easy flight modes. Also...it doesn't say what size battery that ARRIS takes?

It should have self stabilizing modes and acro (full manual) mode. You want acro, if you are flying acro on a sim you're good. It should take any 3-4s 1300mah ish lipos with an xt60 con.

It should have self stabilizing modes and acro (full manual) mode. You want acro, if you are flying acro on a sim you're good. It should take any 3-4s 1300mah ish lipos

Thanks for all the help...so I need to decide between the Wizard and this Arris...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz