Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello from a teacher.

Styxbb

Reaction score
I am a tech teacher in Ohio and started my tech club kids in a drone racing league. In the fall we do VEX robotics and in the spring, we are using the drones. We are using the newbee 65s drones. Some of my kids are interested in getting some outdoor racing drones to use in the summer. I am here primarily as a lurker/student trying to learn more about the sport. I am ok at flying LOS, but my eyes don't work in the goggles. Would love to get better and maybe know a little bit more about the drones than my students. lol.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum! I had the same problem with no being able use goggles. I now use FXT Viper goggles which are designed so that you can wear them while having glasses on. I use 2.5X diopter lens reading glasses and the image is perfectly clear with no eye strain, even after an extended period of use.

Reactions: Futuramille
Welcome... please tell us how we can help!! this sounds like an excellent adventure for you and the students. sounds like everyone is learning to fly FPV. it only gets better when you go outside.
I started flying fpv inside a few years ago and learned alot but once you fly outside its wide open.. feels freeing

Last edited:
Hey, glad you checked in! Another FPV option is the EV800d that I still use. You won't like it as a goggle, but the strap slides off, and the screen has a universal tripod mount. It small, you can still fly FPV with a few people looking over your shoulder. I'm also working on the cheapest way to get an FPV feed out of a TV (or projector) which would be great for classes and clubs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax