Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello everyone!

cmhazell13

Reaction score
Hello community! How is everyone doing!?

My name is Chris, and I reside in Southern CA. I am still newer into the drone/fpv hobby, and just got my first 5'' about 2 weeks ago.

Picked up a brand new Eachine Wizard X220, with a FLYSKY i6 radio, and Eachine goggles, all for $50!!! I know its not the best drone in the world, but for $50 bucks, brand new, why not? I did have to swap the VTX already because it was fried when I got it. I replaced it with a Tramp HV.

Looking forward to connecting with people. Hope everyone is doing well!

Thank you,

Chris

Thank you!

And yes, he was younger, 14 years old, and said he could never get it to work. His mom was basically, please please come and take it, lol.

I took it home, got it all dialed in on betaflight and she fly's like a beauty!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi there and welcome!

That Wizard X220 is an absolute classic! I started out with one 1.5 years ago, and I still fly it as my primary quad (although I made a bunch of upgrades).

I can recomend to swap the camera out with a runcam swift 2/3 that has OSD so you can see voltage and flight time. You wil also need better ESC's. (the originals will burn up in a crash unless you disarm within seconds).

If you need more help/info with your Wizard, let me know, and feel free to check out my youtube too. Lots of Wizard X220 videos there! If you like my PID tune for flying with gopro, I can also help you with that ;-)

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi there and welcome!

That Wizard X220 is an absolute classic! I started out with one 1.5 years ago, and I still fly it as my primary quad (although I made a bunch of upgrades).

I can recomend to swap the camera out with a runcam swift 2/3 that has OSD so you can see voltage and flight time. You wil also need better ESC's. (the originals will burn up in a crash unless you disarm within seconds).

If you need more help/info with your Wizard, let me know, and feel free to check out my youtube too. Lots of Wizard X220 videos there! If you like my PID tune for flying with gopro, I can also help you with that ;-)

Thank you for the reply! Yea, I have noticed there will need to be some things upgraded for sure. Already swapped the VTX, and I have noticed the camera is not good, lol...and no OSD does suck. So that is next on the list for sure. Whats your Youtube page?

Thank you,

Chris

Thank you for the reply! Yea, I have noticed there will need to be some things upgraded for sure. Already swapped the VTX, and I have noticed the camera is not good, lol...and no OSD does suck. So that is next on the list for sure. Whats your Youtube page?

Thank you,

Chris
Actually I have had good luck with the stock VTX. They are pretty solid, but only 200mW.

A bunch of Wizard bashing here: Wrecked FPV

Can recommend this
and this

Do you have a channel as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax