Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Heli to Drone and back to Heli

DavidKersting

Reaction score
Just passing this along. For those that have piled up a helicopter of two.

I went from planes to heli years back. Piled up more heli's than I care to discuss (no teacher, just winged it myself). Chose drones after a bit and got quite good at flying line of site. Bought another heli recently for the fun of RC and I am now finding that my skill on the drone is directly affecting my skill on the heli........nice. Ya, I know the sticks are the same outside of 3D......but gotta give credit to the drone. It was MUCH better to learn all the axis movements and more forgiving when I error ed.
Heck, I would recommend if someone wants to learn non-3D heli, learn to fly a drone LOS first.

Reactions: Wayno52
Have to agree with you there, I like many others cut their teeth on a range of planes, gliders and helos that would break you out into a sweat ever time you took off. I lost count of the number of times I spent more time in the shed fixing whatever I crashed that morning than actually flying. I flew DJI stuff for a few years before finding racing drones and haven’t looked back, I have thought about getting back into helos as there is one in the shed (Blade SR) that still scares me when I walk past it and maybe it’s time to dust it off. Your skill sets definitely improve flying freestyle, so I may give it another go in a very wide open space.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion