Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Having some Major Issues. Quad Falling out of Sky

Marturashi

Reaction score
I have been having some issues with my drone the last few days! As I am flying around thinking everything is going good, my drone drops out of the air. I have no idea what would be causing the issue. In the video you will see several times that I caught this on video. There were many other times this same exact thing happened that I was not able to catch on video.

First set of Clips:
I was running Cobra 2207 2400 kv Motors. One broke and I switched out all the motors to EMAX Special Ed's 2450 KV.

Race Course Clips:
Only difference in the quad was the motors I switchedto EMAX

Part List:
Frame: Armattan Rooster
FC: DYS F4 PRO
ESC: Spedix 30a ES30 HV
Motors: Cobra/EMAX (see Upper)
VTX:TBS unify pro hv
QCAM: Foxeer Arrow V3
Receiver: FrSky XSR
GOPro Hero 4 Session. (wifi was not on, as this was happening when the GOPRO was no on the quad as well)

Taranis QX7

Below is the video that goes into a little bit of detail as to what is happening. If anyone knows what is causing this and how I can fix this issue, PLEASE, let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

I have been having some issues with my drone the last few days! As I am flying around thinking everything is going good, my drone drops out of the air. I have no idea what would be causing the issue. In the video you will see several times that I caught this on video. There were many other times this same exact thing happened that I was not able to catch on video.

First set of Clips:
I was running Cobra 2207 2400 kv Motors. One broke and I switched out all the motors to EMAX Special Ed's 2450 KV.

Race Course Clips:
Only difference in the quad was the motors I switchedto EMAX

Part List:
Frame: Armattan Rooster
FC: DYS F4 PRO
ESC: Spedix 30a ES30 HV
Motors: Cobra/EMAX (see Upper)
VTX:TBS unify pro hv
QCAM: Foxeer Arrow V3
Receiver: FrSky XSR
GOPro Hero 4 Session. (wifi was not on, as this was happening when the GOPRO was no on the quad as well)

Taranis QX7

Below is the video that goes into a little bit of detail as to what is happening. If anyone knows what is causing this and how I can fix this issue, PLEASE, let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

How many times have you flown this drone before this started happening?
Not saying this is the issue but I had this happen to me before and ended up just re- binding the tx/rx and never had the issue again.

How many times have you flown this drone before this started happening?
Not saying this is the issue but I had this happen to me before and ended up just re- binding the tx/rx and never had the issue again.

I was flying this for about 3 weeks prior to this issue happening and never had a problem with it. This weekend ill try rebinding the receiver and seeing if it works. Do you have any idea what else it could be?

I was flying this for about 3 weeks prior to this issue happening and never had a problem with it. This weekend ill try rebinding the receiver and seeing if it works. Do you have any idea what else it could be?

Could be a bad solder joint from bat to pdb.
Check the antenna wire....pinched or cut?

Could be a bad solder joint from bat to pdb.
Check the antenna wire....pinched or cut?
I checked the antenna wire, and it looked fine. I had a pinched wire happen to me in the past. Ill have to wait until this weekend to try and bind the receiver again. Ill get back with you once ive had the chance to do so.

And I'm sure the more experienced will chime in also when they can...it does suck but sometimes the trouble shooting with these things is almost as fun as flying/building them.

And I'm sure the more experienced will chime in also when they can...it does suck but sometimes the trouble shooting with these things is almost as fun as flying/building them.
I totally agree, but I was at a loss for this one lol

Check the xt60 connector soldered to the fc and make sure the interior prongs are making good contact with other connector, had that problem before.....

Check the xt60 connector soldered to the fc and make sure the interior prongs are making good contact with other connector, had that problem before.....
Ill have to check that out. When it happened , I never lost any power, my video was steady. Wouldnt a loose joint cause my quad to loose video?

You are right, is the fc powered from the esc's? you may be overloading your bec, might try hooking camera or vtx to bat voltage if it isn't already and capable

Reactions: Wayno52
You are right, is the fc powered from the esc's? you may be overloading your bec, might try hooking camera or vtx to bat voltage if it isn't already and capable
I have the Battery directly powering the FC. Running Individual ESC's. The flight controller is the DYS F4 Pro. What is a BEC? Just about every time this has happened to the quad I wasnt punching the throttle or anything crazy. More of a steady throttle input.

It changes your battery voltage to voltage your fc and receiver use. If you are powering your camera, vtx and etc. from the fc, your bec could be overloaded. A lot of cameras and vtx's are capable of being powered from direct lipo voltage.

It changes your battery voltage to voltage your fc and receiver use. If you are powering your camera, vtx and etc. from the fc, your bec could be overloaded. A lot of cameras and vtx's are capable of being powered from direct lipo voltage.
I see. So if they are capable of being powered by the VBAT, do you think i should hook them up to the VBAT ports on the FC board and take them off the 5v pads, or would that not help anything since they are still being run off the FC?? And to much overload would cause this issue of my quad falling out of the Sky?

Solder them in to the pads where the lipo leads solder to the fc. I have had weak bec's before. You may get interference soldering it in that way but it will let you know if that's the problem. If that is the problem you can change your fc or ad a cap in to solve the interference issue

Solder them in to the pads where the lipo leads solder to the fc. I have had weak bec's before. You may get interference soldering it in that way but it will let you know if that's the problem. If that is the problem you can change your fc or ad a cap in to solve the interference issue
Ill give that a try and see what happens this weekend.

You know... look at your motor windings...see if any of your motors have black or blackish windings...could be a bad motor.

I had a falling out recently. I saw my Rx was still bound when it fell. I changed the fc. I think my bf uses beep on loss of Rx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput