Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

HappyModel 1s battery lifetime

mikeottinger

Reaction score
I have a few of the 250 mah happymodel 1s batteries that come with the mobula7. I’ve had them for a couple
months but have probably done about 15-20 full charges on them in their lifetime. Many of them are now not charging anywhere close to their max voltage and are starting to get puffy. Is this on par with their expected shelf life?

I have a few of the 250 mah happymodel 1s batteries that come with the mobula7. I’ve had them for a couple
months but have probably done about 15-20 full charges on them in their lifetime. Many of them are now not charging anywhere close to their max voltage and are starting to get puffy. Is this on par with their expected shelf life?
Running 1S, I guess you are indoors, whereas mine (7HD) came with 3S and I run 2S 350 mah. I run those down to 3.2 per cell and charge them up to 4.2V before I fly. One thing i found on other forums was that I was undercharging them at 300 mA when 400 mA was way better. I haven’t had any puffing as such but i’m getting 3.5 minutes of flying instead of under 2 minutes. Probably got 20 or so on each pack and they are holding up. If you were close by, you could have the spare 1S batteries that I have and will never use.

Running 1S, I guess you are indoors, whereas mine (7HD) came with 3S and I run 2S 350 mah. I run those down to 3.2 per cell and charge them up to 4.2V before I fly. One thing i found on other forums was that I was undercharging them at 300 mA when 400 mA was way better. I haven’t had any puffing as such but i’m getting 3.5 minutes of flying instead of under 2 minutes. Probably got 20 or so on each pack and they are holding up. If you were close by, you could have the spare 1S batteries that I have and will never use.
Yeah this reminds me that I’ve not been the best about storing them at a good voltage when not flying. So I’ve been a little neglectful with these batteries which probably isn’t helping their overall life span

I've been using there RDQ Series 450mah lipos from RaceDayQuads for a few months and they're still fully charging with no puffing. I get a good 3 minutes and they fit nice and snug in the stock battery holder
Mob7 Batt 001.JPG

I've been using there RDQ Series 450mah lipos from RaceDayQuads for a few months and they're still fully charging with no puffing. I get a good 3 minutes and they fit nice and snug in the stock battery holder
View attachment 3236
Awesome, I’ll give these a shot! Like other lipos, is there a recommended voltage to keep these at during storage?

Recommended lipo storage voltage is right around nominal, which is 3.8v

Yeah I can confirm the happy model lipos that come with the mobula aren’t the best long term. Mine puffed as well over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax