Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Had my first flight on Diatone GT m3 - amazing - but have random questions!!

mackerel

Reaction score
Wow - getting this Diatone off the ground was way more involved than I had thought, but totally worth it - learning curve steeper than my take-offs! Random questions are:

1. Sometimes the RX takes much longer to lock / doesn't lock without a power cycle. Normal or change something!?
2. When in the air, the throttle, when at minimum is still reasonably high. In betaflight the range is 1000-2000 - can I change this to make my 'low throttle' lower? I found when I was approaching the perimeter of my field I had to do-arm and plummet to stay in sight - not ideal!
3. If I am approaching the edge of a field can I just pitch stick down to start going backwards?? (I didn't think of this at the time)
4. When I play back the video it is like it kind-of has the sound of the motors, but nothing else. Does it have a mike? Can I add a mike?
5. Sometimes when the RX locks fine, the motors do not arm, and again a power-cycle is required.
6. What's best setting in betaflight for total novice? Horizon?

Thanks all :)

Hiya thanks for following up. I've had some more flights and answered some of my own questions. I've bought a £2 mic which I'm hoping to solder on to my TBS Unify, but can't find where to solder it. The flying is still very patchy. I've got a liftoff simulator to practice on to. Main problems are when I roll left for example I can't get straight and find it hard to figure out how much turn I have actually made. I find LOS flying easier right now, in Fpv I find it hard to figure out how the maneover is going, I feel like I need to pitch forward to see the ground better. Maybe I can change the lens on the diatone camera to show wider vertical angle. The drone had survived so many very high drops! I could do with a good source for replacement m2 screws and props - I like the ones it came with and have ordered some more of what I think are the same. So to summarise, making slow progress but still having loads of fun!

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Do most of your practice on liftoff, it's way cheaper...lol. Later when you are flying acro no problem, use liftoff to learn tricks

hello I was thinking of getting this drone do you still have is it durable? have you had any issues with it you should have the motors?

It is insanely durable. I have unarmed it from 100ft up, dropped to short grass and was fine. I have flown it head on into a goal post, one motor got a bit bent put I pliered it back into shape. My soldering is the only vulnerable part. It is VERY fast though - as a beginner, I think I would choose slower if I could choose again!

I don't have a 5 inch yet so I was looking at this m530 v2 , batman 220 or emax5 so I'm debating what to get because they all around same price. How is the video any distortion noise? You running stock pids and setup. Thanks for the quick reply

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax