Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Good Quality Beginner FPV drone?

Cyber3xpert

Reaction score
Hey, newbie here! I am looking at getting into the FPV hobby, but don't really have a big budget. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a halfways-nice beginner FPV? Thoughts on the Emax TinyHawk RTF? I'm seriously considering it, but I don't want to waste my money on something that won't work right.

Hey, newbie here! I am looking at getting into the FPV hobby, but don't really have a big budget. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a halfways-nice beginner FPV? Thoughts on the Emax TinyHawk RTF? I'm seriously considering it, but I don't want to waste my money on something that won't work right.
The Tinyhawks are great flyers and pretty durable. I can't comment on the controller and goggles but EMAX is a pretty good company.
There is also a TinyHawk s and the newest TinyHawk II which I see has a RTF bundle. I personally no longer will deal with Banggood and GetFPV is backordered on the 2 version. Not sure what area of the world you are in...
EMAX TinyHawk II Micro Brushless FPV Drone (RTF Bundle)

Hi and welcome to the forum Cyber3xpert. nothing really wrong with that quad but most of the rtf stuff come with very basic transmitters. If I were you I would consider buying a bnf ( bind and fly ) quad and a better quality transmitter as you will more than likely end up with more than 1 quad. A lot of us here run the frsky range of transmitter.
something like a Taranis Q x7 or even a Jumper multi protocol transmitter would be ideal. As for goggles a set of eachine Ev 800 would be a good set to start with.
Can I ask what sort of budget you are considering?
Also worth downloading a simulator and connect your transmitter before committing too much.
Wayne

@Wayno52 beat me to it....
Put your own package together with good components.

EMAX BNF Tinyhawk II 1-2S Racing Drone w/ Runcam Nano2
EMAX BNF Tinyhawk II 1-2S Racing Drone w/ Runcam Nano2Default Title

FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter
FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter (White)

FrSky 2000mAh 7.2V NiMH Battery for Taranis Q X7
FrSky 2000mAh 7.2V NiMH Battery for Taranis Q X7Default Title

FrSky Taranis Q X7 Li/NiMH Dual Mode Battery Charger
FrSky Taranis Q X7 Li/NiMH Dual Mode Battery Charger [FRK-4100070] | Cars & Trucks

Eachine EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR
Eachine EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR

The total would be about $350.00.
The radio can be used with any future quads as well as the simulators (it is what I use myself), and the goggles will work till when you want to spend hundreds on great ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great suggestions listed above regarding getting best value for your investment. I started out with a wizard x220 rtf package, I came to finally love the wizard but the crap goggles went into the bin. They run a Flysky protocol which limited me greatly. Didn’t know any better and shifted across to frsky and never looked back. I’ve got a Taranis QX7S which came with a battery and charger so that was sorted, bought some great whoops, cinewhoops and the bigger rigs. Banggood is off my shopping list after too many issues with either warranty or shipping delays.
The EV 800 goggles are good value and work fine without having to move up to the Fatshark offerings until you are ready.
As for the quad, I don’t have a tinyhawk 11, but those on the forum that have them reckon they go alright.
Most of your investment sits on your head and around your neck. Go cheap on that gear and it won’t matter what quad you buy - a less than stellar outcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kronk