Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Good beginner set?

HurleyDurley

Reaction score
Hey guys, lurker here. I'm interested in getting into the FPV/drone hobby and would like to know if this set is a good beginner set for me to learn how to put together a drone and be able to practice flying one:
https://www.amazon.com/LHI-Quadcopt...1523561997&sr=1-4&keywords=fpv+quadcopter+kit

Also, what is missing from here? I'm also getting 1500mah batteries and a radio controller.
I'm going to delay getting the actual headset for now I just really want to learn how to put these things together and fly it around the part for a bit before dropping that much money on a headset.

Thanks for any responses!

You'll be needing a matching transmitter and receiver, and as many lipo's as you can get....lol.
The kit looks pretty good and assembling it is pretty cut and dry but setting it up is a pain to learn

Also, I, like Green, prefer box goggles for price and performance

I would look on banggood for an RTF with 2.5" or 3" props. The batteries are super cheap and they don't do as much damage when they crash. They are also stupid fast. They use all the same radio, goggles, etc.

You'll be needing a matching transmitter and receiver, and as many lipo's as you can get....lol.
The kit looks pretty good and assembling it is pretty cut and dry but setting it up is a pain to learn

Also, I, like Green, prefer box goggles for price and performance

The transmitter and receiver come together right? And are compatable with any drone as long as they themselves are compatable with each other?

Lipos are the batteries, correct? Assuming due to the crashing lol

Most new transmitters come with a receiver altho some receivers are aimed toward airplanes. Lipo's are batteries.

Most new transmitters come with a receiver altho some receivers are aimed toward airplanes. Lipo's are batteries.
Do you think ~110$ is a decent price for a transmitter? There’s a few that are 20-50 and a bunch that are 200$+ I’m just wondering what’s a good amount to spend to not go broke but not get shitty quality.

Thanks!

I have Flysky fs-i6x, and as far as I’m concerned it is a good tx. Really well priced and user friendly.
Not by any stretch of the imagination what you probably get spending a fair bit more but I’m used to it now and really like it. Only down side is that if you want to buy bnf birds, most are frsky.

the only real issue i see with that kit is availability of replacement parts when you break an arm. You'll likely have to buy a complete frame if you break any part of it

I have a Turnigy Evolution that was -$100, absolutely love it but I'm a thumber not a pincher. Seems some pinchers do not like the Evolution

Reactions: Wayno52
the only real issue i see with that kit is availability of replacement parts when you break an arm. You'll likely have to buy a complete frame if you break any part of it
That's actually pretty common, I recommend 4mm thick arms minimum unless you are immune to crashes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax