Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Getting into fpv

When it comes to right hand and left hand antennas
I know I should stick with one or the other
So if the antenna that’s on the quad is rhcp then the one on my goggles should be the same...

Yes, stick with RHCP, any polarized antenna will work with like polarized antennas AND linear dipoles. If you end up flying with a bunch of others then a LHCP set for the goggles and quad could be a benefit, but as an example, I have an LHCP set and I have only used it once to test it. If one day you find that you are flying or racing with a bunch of other pilots all the time, then maybe invest in an LHCP set to give you more rejection of the others signals, but if you can stay 20-40 MHz away from others frequencies you should be good to go.

Yes, stick with RHCP, any polarized antenna will work with like polarized antennas AND linear dipoles. If you end up flying with a bunch of others then a LHCP set for the goggles and quad could be a benefit, but as an example, I have an LHCP set and I have only used it once to test it. If one day you find that you are flying or racing with a bunch of other pilots all the time, then maybe invest in an LHCP set to give you more rejection of the others signals, but if you can stay 20-40 MHz away from others frequencies you should be good to go.

Ok cool
Unfortunately I’ll be flying alone I’m sure
Same with my heli
I also have a baby due very soon so my fly time will be at my job for a while
Then I can venture out and find some others with the similar interest

Try clicking the "Security Check Required" link in the post, it takes me to a group called "FPV Market place" in Facebook and it seems legit. The only thing I would suggest is to contact any seller and feel them out to see if they seem sincere and use some method of payment with some guarantees like PayPal.
Ok
I didnt even know that was a link

Could anybody point me in the direction some good literature to read so I can become well-versed in all of this?
i’d really like to learn everything I can about it as I fly

Sorry bro, no master set of knowledge one can point to, I am personally about 3000 videos and articles in, and a year of hard learning and flying to get where I am, and I have had a 35+ year career in the telecom industry working with complex hardware and software so I am at a bit of an advantage possibly.
Pick a subject or 2, and I will point you to something reasonable to start the learning curve, that is about the best we can do.
I will say that I learned 50+% of what I know from Project Blue Falcon (RIP JC Culpeper) and Joshua Bardwell. Google University, time, and chatting with us here will help round out the other 50%, but it does take time and care to avoid too much trial and error. The only way to keep from blowing up and damaging too many things is to "measure (at least) twice, and cut once", and ask questions if you are not 100% sure.

Reactions: Stoked4
Sorry bro, no master set of knowledge one can point to, I am personally about 3000 videos and articles in, and a year of hard learning and flying to get where I am, and I have had a 35+ year career in the telecom industry working with complex hardware and software so I am at a bit of an advantage possibly.
Pick a subject or 2, and I will point you to something reasonable to start the learning curve, that is about the best we can do.
I will say that I learned 50+% of what I know from Project Blue Falcon (RIP JC Culpeper) and Joshua Bardwell. Google University, time, and chatting with us here will help round out the other 50%, but it does take time and care to avoid too much trial and error. The only way to keep from blowing up and damaging too many things is to "measure (at least) twice, and cut once", and ask questions if you are not 100% sure.
I’ll start digging

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey all
I ordered the arris x220
And it finally arrived, and on the same day my second son was born. The nerve of this guy. Didn’t he know I was waiting 16 days for this thing? Haha
Anyways I found a little time to power it up(night time) and was only able to hover quickly and check out how the view was through the aomways, not bad at all
I noticed it didn’t come with a user manual or anything really. Does anyone have any experience with this model?
I noticed it beeps while it’s sitting on the ground powered up...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey all
I ordered the arris x220
And it finally arrived, and on the same day my second son was born. The nerve of this guy. Didn’t he know I was waiting 16 days for this thing? Haha
Anyways I found a little time to power it up(night time) and was only able to hover quickly and check out how the view was through the aomways, not bad at all
I noticed it didn’t come with a user manual or anything really. Does anyone have any experience with this model?
I noticed it beeps while it’s sitting on the ground powered up...

Fantastic @Stoked4! These things NEVER come with a manual, there is nothing unique about them that warrants a manual, they are all almost identical in operation so it is just a matter of learning about quads in general and looking up the specific parts that are in that particular one if you need to for some reason. Some of the things that will make a quad beep are the TX being turned off, timing out (usually 5 minutes unless changed in BL Heli), Beeper being configured to an aux function that happens to be in the range to activate, any number of reason really. Can you be a bit more specific about what conditions exist when it is beeping? Also you will find a ton a settings in the bottom portion of the Betaflight Configurator/Configuration screen that can also make it beep, if you find it beeps no matter what until you arm it, I would suggest disabling all those, they don't serve any good purpose with a race/acro quad.

Flora markets for Tattu, so she is advertising for your business. Tattu makes a pretty good battery, but so does CNHL, and it is hard to beat the new RDQ series for price. I have a bunch of all of the above plus a half dozen other brands, so I know they are all pretty good.

Fantastic @Stoked4! These things NEVER come with a manual, there is nothing unique about them that warrants a manual, they are all almost identical in operation so it is just a matter of learning about quads in general and looking up the specific parts that are in that particular one if you need to for some reason. Some of the things that will make a quad beep are the TX being turned off, timing out (usually 5 minutes unless changed in BL Heli), Beeper being configured to an aux function that happens to be in the range to activate, any number of reason really. Can you be a bit more specific about what conditions exist when it is beeping? Also you will find a ton a settings in the bottom portion of the Betaflight Configurator/Configuration screen that can also make it beep, if you find it beeps no matter what until you arm it, I would suggest disabling all those, they don't serve any good purpose with a race/acro quad.

Flora markets for Tattu, so she is advertising for your business. Tattu makes a pretty good battery, but so does CNHL, and it is hard to beat the new RDQ series for price. I have a bunch of all of the above plus a half dozen other brands, so I know they are all pretty good.

I think I had the buzzer active for if the quad goes down and I need to find it
I’m downloading beta flight right now

Some of those batteries on CNHL are 100c!!!!

Ok so I ran betaflight and plugged in the quad into my computer with no tx turned on
And the quad beeps constantly and it’s maddening
Is this because my tx isn’t turned on?

Probably, an FC not under RX control would normally set alarm active, and without a TX the RX is not under control.

Reactions: mrmund
Geeze
I thought learning to program the beast x in my heli was hard...

It really isn’t that hard, there are a lot of choices though so the rule is don’t change anything unless you know what you expect it to do for you. If you have questions let us know and we will try to help. The first things to do are find out what rev of BF your quad is running, it will be in the Log at the top of the BFC when you connect, hit the Show Log near the top right and scroll up to find the rev it reads at connection time, then check what ESC/Motor Protocol is in use in the configuration page.

It really isn’t that hard, there are a lot of choices though so the rule is don’t change anything unless you know what you expect it to do for you. If you have questions let us know and we will try to help. The first things to do are find out what rev of BF your quad is running, it will be in the Log at the top of the BFC when you connect, hit the Show Log near the top right and scroll up to find the rev it reads at connection time, then check what ESC/Motor Protocol is in use in the configuration page.

Ok cool
I will do this in a bit
It’ll be easier now that that beeping has stopped

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix