Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Getting into fpv

The sticks, are attached to the gimbals, better ones use what is called Hall Effect and last much longer than stock ones, have a little less jitter, and are smoother.
Wow
I’ve never had mine go bad on my spektrum
This is the first I’ve heard of this

ok I’ll sound like a total noob here
But what do you mean by gimbals?

If you can get the qx7 in a package deal for a decent price it is almost a no brainer, the only diff is the battery and gimbals which are not a deal breaker, but I would see if any have a tx upgrade to the S model to get those 2 things if I could but many pros use the qx7 and just mod the battery or use rechargeables and maybe replace the gimbals but I think the 7s is the way to go if you can as the rechargeable battery pack and the gimbals would put it in a similar price range of the s model. IMHO

I’m not seeing the s as an option
I guess I can replace the gimbals down the road
So if I get the aomway v1 goggles and the drone combo with TX am I good to go?
Aside from spare parts ?
I’m looking at hobby-wing to buy from

Last edited:
I see The operating voltage says 7.4-18.0 volts
Does that mean I can use any Lipo in that range?
I have a handful of 3s 11.1v lipos from my heli I’d love to be able to use

Yes anything in that range, but stick to 4s for new purchases, 2s (7.4v nominal) will be dogs, and nobody flies 3s (11.1v nominal) anymore. The quad will not support 5 or 6s so they are a no go at this time and they run you into new issues even on builds that are 6s rated.

Reactions: Wayno52
Yes anything in that range, but stick to 4s for new purchases, 2s (7.4v nominal) will be dogs, and nobody flies 3s (11.1v nominal) anymore. The quad will not support 5 or 6s so they are a no go at this time and they run you into new issues even on builds that are 6s rated.
Ok cool
I’ll see how the ones I have work and will get some new 4s
Anything higher than 1800mah too heavy?

Don't make these very personal decisions based on what we say, instead use our knowledge to help you research what is right for you. I would take all the new info and do some google searches on the subjects and see what reviewers are saying.

HobbyWing is ok I guess, but just as a thought...
Many spend their hard earned money on these things and then get 0 support when there are issues, and there will be issues. I have found that dealing with top notch retailers can save money in the long run so the lower price option isn't always the best option. You can have trouble with anything electronic, but we beat these things and nobody wants to replace things you have soldered on or flown, and you cant tell if it works until then.

Last edited:
If you really want help with this, post up what you are thinking of (including links to purchase) and we can then give a big thumbs up or point you towards better and why we think think it is better.

Reactions: Stoked4 and Wayno52
Don't make these very personal decisions based on what we say, instead use our knowledge to help you research what is right for you. I would take all the new info and do some google searches on the subjects and see what reviewers are saying.

HobbyWing is ok I guess, but just as a thought...
Many spend their hard earned money on these things and then get 0 support when there are issues, and there will be issues. I have found that dealing with top notch retailers can save money in the long run so the lower price option isn't always the best option. You can have trouble with anything electronic, but we beat these things and nobody wants to replace things you have soldered on or flown, and you cant tell if it works until then.
I’ve learned that
When it comes to troubleshooting google works better than phone support almost every time

If you really want help with this, post up what you are thinking of (including links to purchase) and we can then give a big thumbs up or point you towards better and why we think think it is better.
Thearris 250b is nice with its god and return to home feature
But I think I’m going to go with the arris 220 v2
ARRIS X220 V2 220MM 5 Inch FPV Racing Drone RTF with Frsky QX7 Radio
No need for the professional version ....
Looking at the aomway v1
They have a ton of great reviews and no module is needed and they come with antennas
I’ll search for the best price
The fat sharks are nice but I’d have to buy addiotional accessories like left hand right hand male female adapters I’ll go nuts

Thearris 250b is nice with its god and return to home feature
But I think I’m going to go with the arris 220 v2
ARRIS X220 V2 220MM 5 Inch FPV Racing Drone RTF with Frsky QX7 Radio

Looking at the aomway v1
They have a ton of great reviews and no module is needed and they come with antennas
I’ll search for the best price
The fat sharks are nice but I’d have to buy addiotional accessories like left hand right hand male female adapters I’ll go nuts

Give me a while to spend time with wifey and I will look at this and respond later, I want to be able to focus some time to evaluate.

Btw, return to home usually means fly into the tree that is in the beeline path back to the home point. In a race/acre quad it is usually not feasible, but i guess it could work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz