Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

GEPRC Rocket Plus - By the River

Nice, stock rocket or have you modified? Are you running the DJI version and is this the footage from the onboard Caddx Tarsier 4K cam?

Thanks. This is the stock Rocket Plus recorded onboard with the DJI Air Unit. The video is 1080p/60 and then upscaled to 2.7k before the upload to Vimeo. I have been playing around with Premier trying to get the most out of 1080p.

Looks stunning, DJI is just amazing gear. So this is what you see and fly FPV as well pretty much? I really want to get myself a Cine but undecided whether to go XM+ or invest in crossfire. I'll end up going DJI one day when the kit comes down in price.

Amazing, agreed. And yes, I can frame the shots while flying because I see the same image @ 720p. The FPV feed degrades a bit with obstructions and range but it still looks great. And of course the recording is onboard so you are getting 1080p.

A cheaper way would be to save the $300 on the DJI controller and just use the goggles with the DJI Air Unit. The quad would have to have another receiver of course but crossfire would give you more range.

I have noticed that the DJI controller range is the weakest part of the system. I seem to lose bars on the control link way before the video degrades.

Interesting, so actually adding a crossfire nano using a Taranis controller with TBS would actually add range for you too. Isn't the DJI system using 5Ghz for its video and control over one digital protocol where as crossfire is of course 900mhz

Yes, in fact I am about to part out my Diatone Taycan to the iFlight DC3. I am thinking that I may add a crossfire receiver and go that route after I get it flying. I am inspired by the new Flywoo Explorer LR which is an amazing setup.

Reactions: coyote_dc5
What attracts you to the Flywoo over the D3 other than maybe GPS? I mean it is lighter so more air time I guess per Mah.

Quiet, long flight times, gps. The downside would be the lack of onboard recording.

I thought I would try to covert my Taycan to the DC3 first since it won't cost too much. That Taycan is so loud I don't feel comfortable flying it in parks.

Yes, in fact I am about to part out my Diatone Taycan to the iFlight DC3. I am thinking that I may add a crossfire receiver and go that route after I get it flying. I am inspired by the new Flywoo Explorer LR which is an amazing setup.
I’ve got a DC3 which is quite a capable piece of kit. Nimble, quick enough and as you say not noisy enough to bother people. I’m also thinking of converting to crossfire and am weighing up the cost do so since the rest of my quads are running Frsky RX setups. Having said that, I’m not really into long range flying although I can fly way out of sight in an open area and just keep an eye on the bitrate to keep me on my toes.
Had a look at the flywoo explorer LR and maybe if they carry stock over here, I may be tempted.

I’ve got a DC3 which is quite a capable piece of kit. Nimble, quick enough and as you say not noisy enough to bother people. I’m also thinking of converting to crossfire and am weighing up the cost do so since the rest of my quads are running Frsky RX setups. Having said that, I’m not really into long range flying although I can fly way out of sight in an open area and just keep an eye on the bitrate to keep me on my toes.
Had a look at the flywoo explorer LR and maybe if they carry stock over here, I may be tempted.

Glad to hear that you like the DC3. I figured with 1408 motors it would have be more agile/powerful than the Taycan. And I am ditching the bull nose propellers in hopes of a quieter flight. What motors do you have?

The upgrade to Crossfire is not trivial I guess. I need to add the module to my Taranis X-Lite and then add a receiver to the quad. Should be a good learning experience.

Glad to hear that you like the DC3. I figured with 1408 motors it would have be more agile/powerful than the Taycan. And I am ditching the bull nose propellers in hopes of a quieter flight. What motors do you have?

The upgrade to Crossfire is not trivial I guess. I need to add the module to my Taranis X-Lite and then add a receiver to the quad. Should be a good learning experience.
I’ve got 1404 4600kv motors and running tri blade props. A 4S 850mah battery gives me about 4-5 mins of cruising around and about 2.5 mins if I wick it up.
I’ve got an older Taranis QX7S which can carry the TBS unit and I’ve seen them on special as a starter pack. Getting in touch with my local supplier who said he can help out with the set up.
Always worried about bricking the controller so steady steady.

I’ve got 1404 4600kv motors and running tri blade props. A 4S 850mah battery gives me about 4-5 mins of cruising around and about 2.5 mins if I wick it up.
I’ve got an older Taranis QX7S which can carry the TBS unit and I’ve seen them on special as a starter pack. Getting in touch with my local supplier who said he can help out with the set up.
Always worried about bricking the controller so steady steady.

Finally got the iFlight DC3 running with the 1408 motors. I had an issue with my ESC. It wasn't sending 5V to the controller. So I had to ditch that one and get a new stack. First flight today (no footage yet) but the quad flies fantastic. First two 850mah 4S batteries got me more than 6 minutes of cruising with a handful of 3/4 throttle punches. So quiet, tons of power, flies well in the wind and has good battery life. Pretty excited to get some footage!

Finally got the iFlight DC3 running with the 1408 motors. I had an issue with my ESC. It wasn't sending 5V to the controller. So I had to ditch that one and get a new stack. First flight today (no footage yet) but the quad flies fantastic. First two 850mah 4S batteries got me more than 6 minutes of cruising with a handful of 3/4 throttle punches. So quiet, tons of power, flies well in the wind and has good battery life. Pretty excited to get some footage!
Well thats good news after a typical ‘drone’ set back. Just finished setting up crossfire on my DC3 after having converted the other two DJI quads. Of course I forgot to map the air unit on the configuration tab in Betaflight (thankfully I had already saved the diff all file and pasted it back in the cli tab) and was losing bit rate 30 mtrs out.
All good now and ready to pack in my bag to take to work. You’re going to like flying and grabbing some great footage with the upgraded kit, any other issues with the larger motors?

Well done!! very smooth and captures the river nicely!!! Great job!

Reactions: robhafey
Well thats good news after a typical ‘drone’ set back. Just finished setting up crossfire on my DC3 after having converted the other two DJI quads. Of course I forgot to map the air unit on the configuration tab in Betaflight (thankfully I had already saved the diff all file and pasted it back in the cli tab) and was losing bit rate 30 mtrs out.
All good now and ready to pack in my bag to take to work. You’re going to like flying and grabbing some great footage with the upgraded kit, any other issues with the larger motors?

Great news on the crossfire. I really want to go there someday but for now just going to enjoy some flying before upgrading :)

No other issues on the larger motors. Granted I only flew two packs and didn't hit full throttle yet. I suppose this iFlight stack can handle those motors at full throttle (40A constant) but still taking it easy.

Reactions: tevek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232