Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

G'day guys - Looking for some quick help

Salt n Vinegar

Reaction score
G'day fellas,

New to FPV and these more advanced drones in general. Thought I'd make the upgrade from flying toy quads around the house to a more outside immersive version. That said,

I need help in choosing which Bflight 210 version to get, and what controller to get alongside with it. As most experienced operators would know (I assume), you can get a few different versions of the Bflight 210. In terms of which controller, I'm happy with any more budget version just as long as it does the job at a reasonable price.

I'm hoping to get one that comes with the simulator. Any recommendations on cheap/easy to install parts and upgrades would be awesome too.

I've already bought a pre-loved Quantum V2 Pro to use with it, so I'm committed now. (I wear glasses and was sold on not needing to put contacts in all the time). I'm hoping that this headset will do the trick.

Thanks for any advice, recommendations and suggestions. Truly appreciate any replies as I have been looking for some hours and now would rather just ask the experts direct.

Looking forward to putting this under the tree for myself this Xmas!

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Also, for your first quad, i'd get the cheapest BFight, you'll crash it lots learning, then get a more expensive quad after you learn to fly. Download a simulator for the cheapest and quickest way to learn

@theGreenOrange BFight 210 210mm Brushless FPV Racing Drone BNF FLYSKY AFHDS-$146.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
5 different ones to choose from, and I've no idea the differences.

@VirtueViolater My plan is to get a simulator. I also plan not to really 'race' as such, but more have casual fun. I hope this mentality of mine will help reduce the amount of crashes.

I also wish to have the most range I can get (with both fpv and radio) on a budget. What parts would you recommend swapping out? I'll probably get a flysky fs-i6. I can't (yet) justify spending 3x the amount on the others. Although those sticks look like they're going to punch holes into my thumbs.

Reactions: Wayno52
Agreed Vv, also be prepared to spend money on all the things that you will want and need to continue to fly and better your skills. Beware these birds are
addictive. Lol

Haha salt the sticks will punch holes for a while . First few flights are a bit daunting but in time you learn to relax a bit and you can fly multiple packs without any dramas. I have the FS-i6x and it is fine. I know it’s low end but it was what I could afford at the time. We all start out low end and work up as our skills progress. Having said that, I can now fly but can’t seem to program the darn bird. Lol

@theGreenOrange BFight 210 210mm Brushless FPV Racing Drone BNF FLYSKY AFHDS-$146.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
5 different ones to choose from, and I've no idea the differences.

@VirtueViolater My plan is to get a simulator. I also plan not to really 'race' as such, but more have casual fun. I hope this mentality of mine will help reduce the amount of crashes.

I also wish to have the most range I can get (with both fpv and radio) on a budget. What parts would you recommend swapping out? I'll probably get a flysky fs-i6. I can't (yet) justify spending 3x the amount on the others. Although those sticks look like they're going to punch holes into my thumbs.

The difference is only the installed receiver for the radio controller. The ones that say BNF are Bind n' Fly which means they include an installed receiver. For a FlySky FS-i6 the best one would be AFHDS 2A.

PNF is Plug n' Fly which has no receiver. Also sometimes called ARF Almost Ready to Fly. If your radio comes with a receiver you could choose this option and install/configure it.

The best transmitter for sims is the turnigy evolution, don't have to buy anything extra to hook it up to your puter

Last edited:
@Wayno52 Hopefully I can con the Mrs. into doing some flying as well (and hopefully she has a blast) to help justify upgrade costs. Gotta think smart XD

@theGreenOrange Thank you sir, much appreciate the lesson.

@VirtueViolater I'll do my best to fit this into the budget. If I was to get the turnigy evolution, would the AFHDS 2A version of the BFlight still be the best one to get?

Loving your replies fellas, feeling the love.

Hobbyking has the Evolution for under $70 with a receiver. You could choose PNF and install the receiver. It is a good easy intro into working on these quads (which is required to stay air worthy).

I am thinking of switching from my radio (similar to FS-i6 but a little better) to an Evolution...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax