Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Frsky Horus arrived safely

pixelPilot

Reaction score
Today I had the pleasure of opening the package of the the Horus. It came wrapped in plastic. As I took of the first layer out popped a cheap travel adapter, then an antenna. The unit itself came in a nice hard case. I opened it up and thought yep this is a beautiful transmitter.

The build quality is quite impressive.

Im happy with it that's for sure. I would be happier if I had my lap top to run it on the simulator.

Cheers

Reactions: Jtrjr
The Horus is a piece of art!!
It's pricey but I have no doubt it's worth it.
How do the controls feel

I really like the firm factor. The controls feel good although I haven't anything else to gauge it against. I can get full range of movement with the sticks so that's good. I like his the screen is at the top. It us also quite clear and bright yet I haven't had it out in the full sunlight as yet.

I will be getting the ezuhf JR modual and receiver as on special and want to try a long range glider inghe future. I need to get my act together and buy all the buts and pieces so I can go flying.
I'm going to reward myself for hard work by going all out and getting some quality gear.
I know will enjoy the hobby so will invest in an icharger 4010duo, true d divercity, some fatshark HD 3, and a nice drone from droneproz.

Anyone know if its worth getting the divercity receiver if running UHF. Ezuhf have one.

If the store is open after work I will get a lap top so I can run the sim with the Horus...

I went on droneproz tonight and they have soe really nice stuff.
What drone are you leaning toward.

A buddy of mine got a 5" QAV-R from DroneProz, it is really good. Quite a bit smaller than my Alien 5" I built, but with all the power and top notch parts. Plus they tune every drone.

I went onalien-arf

z tonight and they have soe really nice stuff.
What drone are you leaning toward.

I'm looking at getting this one

Alien ARF DYS MOTORS & Kiss FC

I will ask them to tune it for an expert pilot, haha. I heard they do a good job building and tuning but if anyone else has other places that do similar I would be keen to know. Cheers

PS. I love that video of Mr Steels they have linked to. I may be wrong in assuming that if I buy that quad I will be able to fly like that...what do you think, likely? Or very unlikely?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
A buddy of mine got a 5" QAV-R from DroneProz, it is really good. Quite a bit smaller than my Alien 5" I built, but with all the power and top notch parts. Plus they tune every drone.

I have been wondering about building my own. It would be a good process but I think I will wait to do it later on. I have seen some if the kit builds on YouTube and it doesn't seem to be too complex. Would be good fun and nice to actually fly something one built themselves rather the simply placing an order online.

Have you had a chance to fly your friends drone? Which one docyoj think would be better for a beginner?
Cheers

Please excuse all the spelling errors, was writing on a phone with cracked screen...cheers

I have been searching around to maybe build one of my own as well.
I have been on Droneproz site and it seems they have some pretty nice components, have you guys dealt with them?

Mark...

A friend got a Luminier QAV-R from them, it is top notch. They tune the PIDs for every individual drone by actually test flying it until it is right, and the workmanship is superb.

The Luminier seem to be really nice quality!
Check out avantquads.com take a look at the selection they have and see what you think?

Looks OK, but if you want to save money I would just get a clone of a QAV-R or Alien (Martian) off Amazon so you know for sure you can get replacement parts, 3d printed gopro mounts, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax