Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fried main board?

turk182

Reaction score
hey guys I'm new to this hobby... didn't realize it'd be so complicated. bought an eachINE wizardx220... trying to program it had paperclip in boot jump then plugged it into computer... nothing happened... plugged in the battery and POOF POP! little puff of smoke came from center of the board... :(.... now the blue light won't come on... HELP?! I JUST WANNA FLY....

Unless you somehow collected the magic smoke and can get it back in there... something will need to be replaced. Can you tell which board is damaged? If it is the flight controller and you can solder, it is an easy swap. If it is the PDB, you are basically looking at a total rebuild or preferably replacement.

I would contact the seller and tell them what happened. You can leave out the paperclip part, lets just keep that between us so they don't try to blame you. ;) You opened the box, plugged in the battery and it went poof, nuff said.

Unless you somehow collected the magic smoke and can get it back in there... something will need to be replaced. Can you tell which board is damaged? If it is the flight controller and you can solder, it is an easy swap. If it is the PDB, you are basically looking at a total rebuild or preferably replacement.

I would contact the seller and tell them what happened. You can leave out the paperclip part, lets just keep that between us so they don't try to blame you. ;) You opened the box, plugged in the battery and it went poof, nuff said.
looked like the smoke came right out of the chip in the middle of the flight controller... so I ordered a new one... I'll let ya know how that goes

Reactions: VirtueViolater
You should carefully check the wiring for any shorts, they don't usually fry themselves for no reason. It would suck to swap it out and have it fry again. Been there, done that!

You should carefully check the wiring for any shorts, they don't usually fry themselves for no reason. It would suck to swap it out and have it fry again. Been there, done that!
I think I did it by accident.. it was plugged into the computer and had the paperclip in then I plugged in the battery pack and it immediately fried... did I do something wrong?

why don't they give a jumper cable? wtf do I need to use a paperclip for ffs

I don't know, some boards have a button. Mine all have pads though and a paperclip seems to be about the easiest way. Or a small screwdriver may work. As long as you don't touch any battery voltage connections it should be fine. Hitting the frame or a ground or signal pin won't hurt anything.

ok. situation update. today I installed and soldered the new flight controller on. it's working great. both red and blue lights working.. beta flight is connecting with no problems. I can control the engines through betaflight... I linked the drone to the flysky controller. can't seem to get the controller to get any responses from the drone... I wish this stuff was easier on the learning curve... just spent 3 hours on YouTube trying to troubleshoot this setup crap... can I get some tips?

That receiver can use iBus. The signal wire should go to the RX pin of one of the UART RX pins on the FC.

Then in betaflight, go to ports tab and select serial receiver for the UART you wired it to. Then go to configuration tab and select serial receiver in the drop down menu for receiver, then iBus in the drop-down below. That should get you started and receiving signals. If not, look in the system menu on your radio for RX type and make sure it is set to iBus.

Then you will want to calibrate your radio by looking at the receivers tab in BF and adjusting sub-trim and endpoints in your radio menu.

not sure what i did wrong but serial port opens then closes and wont let me in to the drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax