Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Frank's (V1) Final Roll...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So, I was trying to learn how to "slow my roll" when the world changed. Unable to recover quickly enough, I let Frank slam into the ground. Something I've done many times before. This time it was just too much. Frank's CF frame was bent and broken, even with my modified parts. The standoffs were also bent severely between the upper and lower frame. The battery, camera and VTX were strewn about. It was a horrifying sight!

Frank (V1) will be sorely missed. He was an organ donor so all is not lost. Franks organs will be donated to the reconstruction of Frank (V2). Frank (V2) will sport a much stronger and more durable, RMRC Hell Bender V2 frame. Stay tuned for Frank (V2)!

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Ouch!!

Reactions: Jtrjr
Sorry to hear of the final flight!
RMRC makes really nice stuff I have ordered several things from them.
You shold also check out the AWK 210 from RMRC JC from (project blue falcon) has 3 hellbender's that were his babies and has since changed to the AWK 210 take a look at his Youtube channel he has a ton of great info

Mark

Yes he is, I have watched all his videos on the taranis Qx7

I got my Hellbender 204 V2, guess what? No top plate, it has to be ordered separately! If I had ordered it with the kit it would have been like $3, since I had to order it separately it was like $11. Pisses me off, add to that the double shipping of $15 buck and this was one expensive frame. I don't know how much I'll order from RMRC, the shipping is too expensive.

So while I'm waiting for the top plate I decide to take a closer look at Frank (V1) and found a way to make a part and replace the standoffs and Frank (V1) is back in the air again. Just took him out for a single pack test run and he looks good to go!

Jerry

Reactions: Reaper71

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax