Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fpv Signal(video) so bad, pls help

jonty

Reaction score
Hi there, i am new to fpv, and i am young so i got a very budget setup to begin with, i have a nazgul 5 and hawkeye little pilot goggles, i have set the vtx to 600mw and played around with the other settings, howevee i cannot get more than 25 meters of range(around 28 yards) is there anything i can do to get the type of video signal that you see on youtube?

Probably the antennas that came with your goggles aren't very good and new omni + patch set would help. Also, make sure you're on the correct channel. If you're using the auto-find on the goggles they can tune into a close channel that's getting bleed, but it's not the actual channel you're on.

That said, those goggles aren't likely to provide the range you're seeing the pros get. They're generally working with Rapidfire or DJI to achieve that. Best to practice at closer range to not lose your drone.
Range = Higher budget all around

Are you certain that the videos you are watching on YouTube are from goggle feed recording? You could be watching ones from GoPros (or similar HD action cameras) mounted on the quad or DVR footage from HD FPV cameras.

Shot in the dark here, make sure your antenna match E.G. LHCP vs RHCP.. more importantly, unscrew the antenna and make sure you have male to female connection on the goggles. if female to female... you get about the distance your describing.
Yes, video is a gopro video of the goggle screen

Shot in the dark here, make sure your antenna match E.G. LHCP vs RHCP.. more importantly, unscrew the antenna and make sure you have male to female connection on the goggles. if female to female... you get about the distance your describing.
Good suggestion, however the antenna match up correctly, i have ordered a new vtx hopefully that will make a difference??

Reactions: Futuramille
Put capacitors on all your ESCs (the right capacitor as there are different kinds, my 2 boards came w/ caps so I didn't select at random or have the right knowledge on what to select) or a cap on your 4-in-one ESC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone