Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV camera no osd and black screen

vincski

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the hobbie and I just finished my first drone. But I can't seem to be able to get footage from my fpv camera, I did REMOVE the cap of the camera and I also bought another camera to make sure it was working, but nothing change the result or negative. I rewire everything to make sure everything was good, but I can't seem to find the problem. I know the camera and the vtx work so I ask for your help to find my problem. I have seen other post about this problem and none of them have help me.
For information I have a F405 Mk2 flight controller stacked with a F50 mamba and a rush cherry tiny tank transmitter and a micor d16 receiver.
Please guide me I'm desperate !!
I also wire the cam straight to vtx but I only had static and no black screen.

Reactions: rtkDarling
If you're getting a black screen, that means the VTX is projecting, but not getting any input from the camera. Static means the VTX isn't projecting, or you're not on the correct channel. Remember that you can get reception on the wrong channel, it just looks bad and has poor range. Some auto-finders will tune in to channel bleed and you have to keep searching until you get to the true channel you're projecting on.

To troubleshoot, we'd need to see your wiring. If the video out from the FC isn't working, putting the cam straight to the VTX should solve it. You said you tried, but static means that something went wrong.

As far as the list of stuff that can go wrong, this tends to be an easy fix because there's not many options to track down. There's light (and video) at the end of your tunnel

1572-4_mamba-f405.png

Reactions: vincski
Hey, I just posted a pic of my wiring, i don't know if you will be able to see if there is a problem from there. I was also wondering if I bypass the fc and hook my camera straight to the vtx that means I need a new fc, but if nothing happens does that mean i need a new transmitter ?

IMG_3826.JPGIMG_3826.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya