Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

foxeer mix (runcam split 2) install advice?

spiritizmo

Reaction score
hi.
so im installing foxeer mix fpv camera (which is basically runcam split) to emax hawk 5. where should i connect it? the camera can handle straight battery connection and i have it that way right now, but because powered straight from the battery leads it has some interference.

does anyone know if i can but the camera to stock emax camera location? 5v lead. im conserned of fryeing my fc/pdb. (happened once, no idea why tho) emax hawk has omnibus f4 magnum tower system and 5v 3a bec. can this safely handle the foxeer, rc and vtx?

also foxeer takes 700mah at 5v but 300mah at 12v. i dont have suitable 12v output for camera. where do you guys usually wire your runcam splits/ caddx turtle etc hd cams with dvr?

I wouldn't suggest connecting it to your Omnibus as the amp draw may cause brownouts. leave it connected to main power supply and add a 1000uf 35V capacitor to reduce interference.

Reactions: spiritizmo
ok, ill try it that way. thanks! i was thinking it may be too much for the fc:s board to take. does separate bec board reduce interference?
i mean would butting a for example 5v/12v 1,5A bec to power the camera have any benefits against using battery leads with capacitor?
these are quite small and i could possibly cram it somewhere in the frame

Yes a micro dropdown Pololu would also work, I just don't think you'd get the filtering benefits that you would with a capacitor.

Reactions: spiritizmo
aah ok. so the voltage dropdown itself doesn't work as a filter. i will try the capacitor first then, or maybe even both?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput