Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Found another sim CurryKitten FPV

• Thread starter Deleted member 3641
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3641

I stumbled across another FPV forum that seems rather active and came across another new sim in the simulator section still in beta. It is free and I have been having a blast with it. You can chase race cars and knock a beach ball around as well as your usual buildings, mountains, ect. Its very simple graphics but I was able to adjust physics and such to get it to fly pretty cool. It also has online networking so you can fly with some friends...
What is your favorite FPV simulator and why? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours | IntoFPV Forum

The download links are under this video if you view the original vid on Youtube, just click "more" below the vid. No install, just extract the files to a folder and run. Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux and supports most all controllers.

Here is a few clips of me messing around in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a really cool sim for $1.99 and I am going to add it to my collection. Thanks for telling us about it. ?
If you download it from his Youtube page, it is free.
Right click on the first video (above) and copy the video link, then paste it into a new page to view it on youtube. The free download links are in the description details under the video.
Also, the free version does not need Steam to use it.

Reactions: graywoulf
I don't know how far it will be updated but I have been wanting to be able to chase moving objects for some time. You can also add a plane to chase.

Yeah, chasing the cars is lots of fun but I didn't see the plane option. How did you find that?
When you are in the "Scenarios" page, click on the "Chase Mode: Cars" and it toggles between Cars and Plane. The three routes that you can choose from also change.
I also have alot of fun knocking that darn beach ball around...

Thanks for telling me how to find the plane. I have yet to knock the ball around without crashing. I just can't seem to get the hang of flying that low but I will keep practicing.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Thanks for telling me how to find the plane. I have yet to knock the ball around without crashing. I just can't seem to get the hang of flying that low but I will keep practicing.
There is a ball on the top of a mountain by the windmills that is much larger and easier to hit...

I found that one and it it fun to chase it down the mountain. :D The graphics in this sim are amazing for the price and after finding the settings setup through the keyboard I think that is a great setup in that you don't have to stop the sim to make changes. I wish that some of the mountains were tree covered. Maybe if there is a newer version someday that there will be a way to build your own scenery.

It is in development and he is taking suggestions for what to have in it. Maybe drop him some suggestions.

I found that one and it it fun to chase it down the mountain. :D The graphics in this sim are amazing for the price and after finding the settings setup through the keyboard I think that is a great setup in that you don't have to stop the sim to make changes. I wish that some of the mountains were tree covered. Maybe if there is a newer version someday that there will be a way to build your own scenery.
Heres the latest level I created for Freerider Recharged. Kind of used your suggestion for mountains. I find it good for practicing flying in tight places crusing through the crevices...
Google Drive Download.
Mountains.zip

Heres the latest level I created for Freerider Recharged. Kind of used your suggestion for mountains. I find it good for practicing flying in tight places crusing through the crevices...Google Drive Download.Mountains.zip

I will certainly be flying this one for sure! Thank you very much for creating it. I am not going to be able to try it right away though as my desktop PC does not have all of my sims yet but it will soon as it has dual 21" monitors and that is going to be a lot of fun for flying I'm sure. Thanks again for the new level. ?

I will certainly be flying this one for sure! Thank you very much for creating it. I am not going to be able to try it right away though as my desktop PC does not have all of my sims yet but it will soon as it has dual 21" monitors and that is going to be a lot of fun for flying I'm sure. Thanks again for the new level. ?
You are welcome, enjoy...
It has been really helping me with flying in tight spaces.

@brettbrandon, You are a genius at creating Freerider levels! ??

That is awesome! It took me a few attempts to go all the way around the river without crashing but I finally nailed it. The craggy rocks and trees in the middle... I need more practice but you are right in that it will definitely build skills in flying in tight places.

I have started trying to build a Level but I have not gotten far. I can't quite get my head wrapped around the construction controls but you have inspired me to keep trying.

How long did it take for you to create that scenery? It must have been a challenge but you in my opinion have created one of the best levels in Freerider that have been created. Thank you again for sharing it!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
@graywoulf

Thank You soo much for your kind words.
When I first started in the FPV sims, I was having such a difficult time trying to fly and was so frustrated that I spent most of my time working on custom levels in Recharged. Over time I got pretty proficient at it (still wasn't flying that well). Most every level was created to work on a specific aspect of flying that I was working on. For instance, "Labyrinth" was created to work on throttle control to maintain height. It also helped with tighter spaces. Not near as tight as the space in between the mountains though.
I have somewhere around 8 to 12 hours in creating the Mountain level.

This is from the manual and helps when placing objects, moving, resizing, ect.
FreeriderEditor.png

The main controls I use for moving around the level are the "Arrow" keys and "Page Up/Down" keys. If you hold the Shift key while using them it moves much faster. The up/down arrow keys are like zoom in/out.

Right Click and Drag rotates your view in all directions.

If you click on and select an object, then hit "Ctrl +F", it centers you on that object then dragging using "Alt +Right Click" rotates you around just that object.

You can use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out.
If you click the scroll wheel and drag the screen, it moves you around with no rotation (like the Arrow/Page keys).

When you have an object selected and have the "move controls", the arrows, dragging the arrow moves in just that direction. If you drag using the colored square box, you can move it in any direction in that plane.

If I had the time I could probably make a decent tutorial vid on level creation. I have not seen one anywhere...

I hope some of those tips help and if you have any specific questions, I will be more that happy to help where I can.

Thank you very much for the guide and tips. I will print that out and get back in and try to finish my custom level. Is the available area to work in a set amount of space? My guess is that it is.

I have noticed the record button on the screen and have tried it several times but the playback is always in LOS and it does not follow the quad at all. Do you know how it works?

Thanks again for the excellent challenging level and the building tips.

Thank you very much for the guide and tips. I will print that out and get back in and try to finish my custom level. Is the available area to work in a set amount of space? My guess is that it is.

I have noticed the record button on the screen and have tried it several times but the playback is always in LOS and it does not follow the quad at all. Do you know how it works?

Thanks again for the excellent challenging level and the building tips.
When you start creating a new level you will see "Size 1000". That is the default. If you click on the "1000" you can change it to what size you want. Once it is set, it can not be changed. If you go alot larger than 1000
(I think it was 5000 that I tried) and have alot of objects, it tends to slow the sim down.

After recording, hit "Play" and the click on "FPV View" in the upper left corner. It will change to Ghost FPV View and follow the quad. Everytime you hit play after that in the same recording, it will use that Ghost view.

You are welcome and thanks for the mountains idea, I really like it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion