Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Forest flow FPV freestyle autumn edition

Another great video, Ray! Your piloting skills are awesome. What is your FPV setup? I'd love to see a recording from your goggles, to see what you're seeing. I'm really new to this stuff but there is no way my setup would let me fly in there, I'd be flying blind! My signal couldn't take it. Are there any frequencies and more specifically channels that are better than others? I really love your videos, thanks for sharing them with us!

Jerry

Thanks man!!! I will try to make a recording of my fpv footage!!
My setup:
Custom made 210 frame
EpiFC flightcontroller (my favorite FC ever) - EpiQuad EpiFc3
Aikon Electronics 30 amp esc's - www.aikon-electronics.com
Emax RS2205 2300kv motors
5*4*3 dal props
EpiRex sbus receiver - EpiQuad EpiRex FRSky compatible sbus ontvanger
HS1177 fpv camera with a 2.5mm lens at a 30 degree angle
ImmersionRC tramp 600mw VTX with a custom made spironet antenna
matek pdb

I fly with 600mw on my vtx and I can fly a really big distance from me! even between the trees. But is also depends on the environment where you are flying. In a big city with a lot of wifi etc i don't get this big range!

Thanks for all of the info, Ray! The TX could be my problem, I'm running a little 200mw. I'm out in the boonies of South Dakota with thousands of acres of farm fields at my disposal. I'm learning to fly (I've been flying Phantoms, Solo's and toy quads for a couple of years now) in a wide open bean field with no obstructions at all but I'm not getting out more than a 1/8 mile or so before I'm losing signal. It's really bad when I'm coming back towards me with the antenna on the back of the bird. I've tried a bunch of different antenna's on both the bird and FS 2442 v3's but it hasn't helped much. Anyway, thanks again for all of the info and for sharing all of your videos. I check everyday to see if you posted another. I've also been checking out some of your YT stuff.

Jerry

Ray,

I've now got the Aomway 4-L-SMA and 4-L-RPSMA's on everything but I've tried the Fatshark ImmersionRC SpiroNet 5.8GHz RHCP, the ImmersionRC SpiroNet RHCP Mini Patch 8dBi with the Fat Shark FSV2445 32ch 5G8 Diversity Receiver Module. I also tried the Anbee 5.8Ghz Circular Polarized Clover Leaf Antenna High Gain Aerial Set. They all seem about the same to me. I just swapped the transmitter from a Radiolink R9DS to a FrSky X8R so I can use the new Tranis X9D that I just got. I also just put an antenna extension on the bird this morning. I haven't really been able to test the new stuff yet as the weather hasn't been cooperating. What antennas do you use? What googles and module are you using? Thanks for responding, Ray. I really want to take a shot at6 this racing stuff. Just for fun, not competition. I'm retired with too much time on my hands.

Jerry

The aomway antennas should work just perfect! I'm using homemade antennes! these antennas performs much better than the commercial available ones. i have a Fatshark attitude V2 with the stock receiver. this works just fine! maybe you should try another vtx!

Reactions: Jtrjr
The aomway antennas should work just perfect! I'm using homemade antennes! these antennas performs much better than the commercial available ones. i have a Fatshark attitude V2 with the stock receiver. this works just fine! maybe you should try another vtx!

Hi Raymon,

What vtx do you use? Thanks

Thanks, Ray. Things are working a bit better since I installed the antenna extension. I think the stock antenna was getting blocked by the battery and camera.

Jerry

Reactions: raymonFPV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax