Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flysky fs-i6x with flysky fs-ia8x receiver

Niz55

Reaction score
Hello all first post here.

Been flying my Mavic 2 and just started with the race drones.

I bought the HGLRC BATMAN 220 220MM recently.

i have been trying to fly this thing but for some reason nothing works.

the transmitter is bounded to the receiver but I can't move the motors at all. I have adjusted everything on the transmitter correctly watching lots of youtube videos and no luck.

reciever is connected correctly to the ESC board and everything is turning on the drone but no motor movement at all.

any help will be appreciated.

Reactions: rtkDarling
Hi Niz, have you connected it to betaflight or whatever it's running and assigned your switches?
You will need to assign aux switches on your tx as well.
What receiver and transmitter is it?
Was it bnf, pnp?

Last edited:
I have assigned the switches on the transmitter but not betaflight am I suppose to?

Thank you for the help.

Also, I bought some propellers for my drone.

The actual drone comes with 5042 and I bought a set of 5051. Will this also work with the drone?

I hope you get in the air! I'm flying a Batman 220 as well. My favorite props so far have been hulkie 5055. I haven't had any trouble with motor heat, but I have melted a few packs (totally my fault). I've beat the hell out of it, and only broken antennas and props.
How have you mounted the VTX and RX antennas?

I had to switch the camera out for a micro eagle because it's better for spotting ghost branches in the woods. Since I fly with a GoPro always, I also changed it up to be a top mounted battery. With the GoPro on top and a battery on the bottom it had horrible roll characteristics, but without the GoPro, the bottom mount was just fine.

QxEyUCR.jpg

This was yesterday with that setup. A little Tattu 850 4s toilet tank mounted behind a GoPro 5. Gemfan Hulkie 5055 props. Stock pids, but the newest version of betaflight running stock filters. Some color correction, but no editing.

Good luck, let us know how it goes for you!

I hope so also. Is my first time flying race drones so I will be definitely crashing it. Lol

Try and stay relatively low to the ground, and go slow. Throttle management is the name of the game, if you just give it full throttle for one second it'll put you over 40 feet up. Try to be super gentle. Check the settings on your VTX because a lot of them have switchable power outputs. It's a little over the top, but I tested my VTX for the first time by powering the drone on, and then walking away with my goggles in hand to see how far I I would get before it started breaking up. If you get unexpected breakup on your maiden flight it can be harrowing, and almost always results in a crash when you're less experienced. For me, having the goggles strapped to my head, and then watching the signal turn to static with my bird in the air was terrifying the first time

The frame comes with a hole in the back to hard mount your VTX antenna, but I don't recommend doing that because it's a good way to break the antenna off. I have it taped to a few zip ties and that gives it the flexibility to survive a crash.

I would also recommend that you begin with very little camera uptilt. Your camera orientation has a natural effect on your running speed because we naturally put the horizon at the center of our view. A camera that's tilted up more will make you feel like the drone wants to go fast. Closer to level, or zero degrees uptilt makes it easier to go slow.

Well guys is not working. Watched the video and I the reciever section when I move the joy stick on the transmitter nothing moves on the screen . I set my port and configure my reciever (i-bus) and no luck.

Here is a video

And here is how I solder my reciever (PPM/i-BUS )

Attachments

• wire connect ppm.jpg
    wire connect ppm.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well I can't get it to work. I don't have time to deal with this if anyone is interested I will sell it for $100+ shipping. Comes with radio, reciever and everything in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_200703~2.jpg
    IMG_20190210_200703~2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
Really sorry to hear that it's not working for you Niz. It can be very discouraging at times especially when starting out.
I think it will be something simple but it's just nailing what.
Unfortunately our resident wizard guru has a lot on his plate at the moment so it's not perfect timing.
Maybe you could hold off for a couple of weeks and we can see if he's around to help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput