Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flysky fs-i6 and fs-ia6 reciever

morph710

Reaction score
hi, im like one week into this space, and have already built myself a cheap tyro99 from banggood. it came with an flysky fs-i6 tx and a fs-ia6 rx. the reciever i already understand is some outdated ****, but before i order a new one, i want too see if i at least can fly this until it arrives. my problem is i am not getting any input from any of the sticks in betaflight. it shows the 3d model and all motors are spinning but i cant get it to actually recieve the inputs.
i search all of youtube and google and found out that i have propably just connected via the plastic pin on the fc to SBUS, but i understand i need IBUS. would it work if i resoldered things ? i am leaving some pics, so hopefully someone can tell me where i need to solder what in order to connect it to ibus instead. i am pretty sure this is my last hickup since i feel like everything is working but the reciever.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for letting me be a part of this community.

IMG-0562.jpgIMG-0563.jpg IMG-0561.jpg

Welcome to the forum @morph710, you have done an amazing job so far for a "Newbee", and you should be proud of what you have accomplished so far! That gear is not really outdated, and I don't think you will need a new RX model unless you want a smaller one, and I don't think that is really needed at all.

Now to discuss a few things to help get you working properly...

IBus and SBus are both Serial Protocols for controlling our quads, but they have a major difference that you must take into account to get it to work. While both of these are Serial Protocols, one is an "Inverted" (SBus) and the other is "Un-Inverted" (IBus). I use Frsky instead of Flysky, so I am not super familiar with this part, but I am pretty sure there is a setting in the TX (Radio) that needs to be set to IBus, but I am not sure where it is.

Use this video to see if you can set up the TX to use PPM/IBus and to set it for 10 channels, ignore what he is saying about IBus and SBus being the same since they are not quite exactly the same. Also ignore that he is using very old Cleanflight instead of Betaflight, while the screens look different and things are in different locations from Betaflight, essentially they are the same settings, you will just need to find them in the Betaflight Configurator and set them up the same as is described in the Drone Mesh video at the bottom.

Use the video (below picture of your RX) to understand the Inverted vs Un-Inverted aspect and where to hook up. Again, he is using a different RX from you, but that doesn't matter and it will all basically be the same. Also, the picture of your RX is not good enough for me to tell where you have the signal wire (for IBus) connected, but it needs to go to the "S" pin I have circled and highlighted in this picture.

1579808241539.png

Video from Drone Mesh on how to hookup and configure. This is a much newer version of Betaflight (instead of Cleanflight) so you should be able to use it to setup your quad.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax